1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Music Off My Ipod Touch To Laptop - What Software?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jez900ie, May 22, 2020.

1. I have a laptop which I have used for sometime as a itunes storage. Unfortunately that laptop is playing up...

My problem is I want to get all the music off my ipod touch with the playlists etc intoi a new version of itunes, on a different laptop with Windows 10.

I have googled this and a huge array of different software is available at varying prices. They probably all work fine but I expect some of you have already done this? If you have a reccomendation on what software you have used and can reccomend I'd be grateful!

Thanks!

2. Is the music stored on the old laptop ?

remove the hard drive and put it in a caddy, connect that to the new one and copy the music across ?

3. I will get my local computer whizz guy to sort that out for me, but in the meantime, I'd like to get some software to transfer the current music from the ipod touch to the laptop. Basically because I know if its not all in the itunes library, I can't add anything else without losing it...

• Like Like x 1
  4. @comfysofa ya man here surely, he does this shit day in day out iirc ??

5. Does this help / work? Videos a bit old so not sure if it'll work with whatever model or firmware you're running

I have an ipod touch somewhere in the house but until everyone else is awake I can't really go looking.

There's also this

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipod-touch/iphf2d851b9/IOS

I would have thought (possibly wrongly) that by plugging it in via a USB and without iTunes installed you'd be able to get access to it as though it was a mass storage device.

Let us know if either of these work

6. Have a look on here, there is plenty of software to download and try. If you like it then purchase the complete copy.

https://sanet.st/full/

7. Thanks for that. The main link they suggest is down for maintanance - I'll try it again later.

8. Hi Damo. Yes I did that, and then found the itunes library on the second laptop had literally up to six duplicates of many songs, which then means the playlists don't work properly as half the songs are "unable to locate". I could redo the entire library but just deleting the duplicates might mean 30,000 clicks on the delete key... I know the computer whizz blokes have software to do all that, so when I get it fully sorted, they can take care of that too.

In the meantime, i just want some software to copy the ipod to my laptop. Then i can add some new music and copy it all back to the ipod. Otherwise adding new stuff will wipe off all the existing and thats no bueno.

9. Iotransfer is certainly one available on the above site, others are Wondershare tunes go, Anytrans, iTunes library toolkit, tune sweeper and iTunes duplicate finder.

many work in different ways and I have them all on my pc but rarely use them as I put my iTunes library on a media server and use it from there.

10. I used a pay for service but it was a few years ago called sharepod. My itouch had the music I wanted to keep so I used sharepod to copy the music from my itouch, onto a new windows desktop

Do Not Sell My Personal Information