1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting My 916 In Two Weeks!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by don quixote, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Hey all,
    So as the title says - yepp im getting my dream bike in approx 2 weeks.
    Now you might laugh but... "newbie hangout" is very fitting here. You see, i passed my test on the 9th Nov. (2 months ago) Hadn't rode a bike since i had a KMX in the 90's..
    So my dream bike will sit in my garage for a long time until ive got my riding skills up to more than a DAS pass rate.

Anyway im glad to be here and thx for having me. If anybody can point me in the direction of finding a rear paddock stand it would be very much appreciated.

DQ

• Like Like x 10
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Welcome Dave

3. OMG....
    Welcome and I was the first to give you the DQ award..... as it's your initials.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Ooooo, pics?

Paddock stand? eBay is your friend, or post an ad for one in here. :upyeah:

eBay

5. Like @jack999s, I also have a couple of German one's which I initially found on ebay and then ended up ordering via the website linked below...

http://www.motea.com/en/

Very Chunky and well made, never had any concerns when using these ones like I have some similar priced ones I have had in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hi Don,good choice on the bike but what model? also the best stand for your machine is the ones made by GUBELLINI

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Welcome along Don :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice choice for a 'first' bike. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi,youll be okay just leaning it on a pile of bricks!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Welcome, nice choice of bike.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  11. @GunZenBomZ Done thanks! Thanks for all the replies!
    Its a 1995 biposto. I've done some reading and im looking to have a mono tail for the main look, but keep the bp tail if needed (and the bp sub frame obv.). Ive already found the correct pillion seat and i want to add termignoni exhaust by the summer. jack999s I took your advice and purchased the paddock stand you suggested, so thanks.
    IMG_20171227_130456.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. Lovely,,just watch out for that flip up stand!

13. Just posted one up for sale: https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/paddock-stand-748.56831/#post-1039679

14. Welcome new dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome and awesome bike, enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Or do yourself a massive favour and spend £50 on a 1098 stand and don't worry about her falling over.

Welcome.

Bike looks tip-top.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. Welcome, great bike (and a good idea to build riding experience before taking it out).

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information