1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Getting Rid Of The Cat

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by manxxl, May 2, 2018.

1. Hello All, Thinking of pulling the pin on a mivv de cat pipe and end canfor my 15 DVT purely on the
    price as i couldnt push to Termi prices, anybody had any experiance good or bad with
    them.

2. Had a MIVV Suono on my 2010 Multi for years and sounds the business and makes the bike a hooligan. Not sure what the best bet is on the DVT but am sure someone will give advice.

3. I've heard Kirky's Suono, and even had one myself on my 2010. It is certainly loud and imposing, and I like it, but I always felt there was a tinge of harshness to it. Other ears may disagree. On my DVT I've fitted an Arrows decat system, and by common consent (including Kirky's I believe) it sounds pretty good. Loud and sonorous I'd describe it. It's another option and about half the price of a Termi.

I don't know if MIVV have developed their decat pipe much, but when I took my 2010 bike with its MIVV system to Chris Smith at CJS Racing he told me their pipe was not the best for tuning. As I said, maybe they have improved it by now.

4. He's only bitching because my 2010 is faster than his DVT ;)
    And I've gone deaf....

PS The Arrows would be my choice for the DVT

5. Thanks for the info I'll hopefully do something about it today cheers

6. My arrow can (not decat) IMHo is a quieter sound than the standard can. Undecided if it’s nicer ;) but it is deeper and I get less rasping/back-firing in closed throttle.

7. Go arrow decat and take the baffle out, sounds unbeliveable, runs amazing with K&N air filter too.

Mivv won't work with panniers if I'm correct.

8. Already plunged for mivv and decat so I'll be interested in the result. Already running with k&n.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sure it’ll sound just as good, I actually preferred the positioning of them over the arrow, but panniers were more important, do you not use them?

10. No not
    No not got the panniers so I shouldn't have any problems .

11. Just fitted a mivv decat and can today to a 2016 1200 dvt it’s made a difference ! And I managed to snap two studs into the front head like you do ! The broke far to easy and Was a real bitch to get out .. there was a few other what the fuck moments to but it’s all good now ..

12. You are not accounting for the tuning once you take the catalytic converter off. Or is that on the list too?

13. It’s on the list .. but it runs fine to be fair .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I should of aimed by comment by quoting manxxl; as the termi comes with race-tuning or decat modified fuel settings.

• Like Like x 1
  15. How did you manage to get your studs out. I am struggling somewhat to get the one I’ve just snapped off out. Tried two nuts on it, heating it up but it’s not budging.

[​IMG]

16. Heated them up , a lot of wd40 (all I had ) a good pair of vice grips took ages working it back n forth a little at a time . Next move was gonna be weld an 8 mm nut to what was left hope the heat would help free the stud failing that drill it out and hope to fuck I kept the drill square to the head ! Mine snapped with a short spanner and no effort at all can’t for the life of me see why they’d use a 6 mm stud that’s made of shit they must be well over tightened at the factory there was a few bolts rounded off !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Watch you don’t melt sensor wires and cam belt cover too !! Oops ..

18. Cheers. Guess I’ll just keep working at it!

19. Is was just working it back n forth a mm at a time probably an hr a stud

Do Not Sell My Personal Information