1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Used To Riding High Power Bikes Is It Just Me

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Glenb, May 22, 2019.

1. i realised other week that I had just got used to my Agusta f4 1000 , where I was the boss of the bike not vice versa, I passed my test in my mid 40s and already had a 916 , so went straight onto bigger bikes and I’ve an old r1 , which then I’ve always felt at ease on them with manageable power but the Agusta which is a 2010 one is a lot more powerful and the power delivery is a lot more aggressive, I’ve always enjoyed going on it but every time I got off it , I thought it’s just too fast that thing but the other week for no reason really I just felt not intimidated by it and the harder I rode it the easier it was to ride and I’m staying in the gears to much higher revs than I used to on it which gives a lot more control on it ( these f4,s sound like you are revving the bollocks off them then you look at rev counter and it’s only revving at 4K ) sorry for going on I just wondered if anybody else was similar ,

2. Go try a 1299 or an s1000rr! The MV will feel slow in comparison...

IME its not always the power but how it delivers it. If its very on/off, likel a SNAP powerband, its not really faster but feels it. Old zx10r’s vs same age gixer 1000’s: probably as fast as each other but the ZX10r will feel like a mad thing in comparison to the gixer

3. @Glenb Try one of these bad boys and then come back and tell us how you feel.

superfast!.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You're supposed to use the appropriate gear for the speed you're doing, which (on the road) is most often 2nd, 3rd and 4th (in twisties). Don't worry about the noise - it's a bike. Lower gears in bends feel like they give you more control because of the engine braking effect going in - using a higher gear makes you feel like you have to brake (and can induce panic for a lot of people, especially newbies).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes it’s the power delivery more than anything I’d say and the noise it absolutely screams higher up the Rev range and me not keeping it in a lower gear , and me not grabbing it by the scruff of the neck earlier , I’ve provably done sort of 800 miles on it over 12 months so I’ve never gone more than 30 or 40 miles a time on it

6. :upyeah: Yep spot on advice there

Do Not Sell My Personal Information