1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gilles As31gt Rearsets - Pivot Assembly Instructions

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Exige, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Just receive the rear-sets off Ebay. I believe they normally come assembled but these are in bits. All parts are present to the parts list supplied.

The foot-peg is held on the lever pivot but when assembled it locks up and doesn't pivot on the bearing. The bolt goes through the bearings in the bearing housing, through the plate with the 6 blind holes and into the peg. Anyone know if there should be a washer between the plate and the bearing to stop it locking up?

Also what are the 4 plain alloy spacers for?

I can't find an assembly diagram on the internet.

2. I'd suggest that the 4 plain alloy spacers are used as stand offs between the frame and rear sets?

3. Thanks, that's what I thought after assembling. I tried a small washer in the pivot to stand off the inner bearing race and it works fine now too! :Happy:

4. On the clutch lever, did anyone manage to get a 90 degree setup, I tried a few adjustments with spline, extension bar... But anytime I set it to 90 degrees linkage it his the engine casing on up shift

DSC_0349.JPG
    DSC_0350.JPG
    At the moment its slightly off 90 degrees with 2mm clearance on maximum extension on up shift
    This is as close as I could get it
    DSC_0351.JPG

5. Ohhh, this old thread confused me, couldn't think what I fitted these to :thinkingface: but then I remembered I bought them for my KR1000 project which is still coming along nicely :joy:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. @CarloL get one of those splines from Podium racing in the states. Don’t cost much. I had the same problem and this solved it. You can have it either way round for both road and race shift.

27699B28-438A-434C-9257-2E55B69ECEC3.png B22B4895-4D9D-4FF7-A567-35D9CE98A952.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Excellent , Thanks Ian!

8. That's close enough as long as the shift is smooth without having to use excessive force. 90 deg is optimum but not always possible.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I got the podium racing clutch lever hopefully should allow me get 90 degree angle

• Like Like x 1
  10. It will! :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information