1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gilles Rearsets

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Jtowns495, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Hi ladies n gents,

I have a panigale 899 and my legs seem to be a little long for the standard pegs. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for rearsets or knows if anyone is selling a set of Gilles capable of fitting the 899 (2014)? Thanks

2. You must have really long legs as the Panigale is one of the roomiest bikes for your leg position. My experience is that it's quite difficult to find any rear sets that have proper peg adjustability to move them back at the same height, most are just expensive bling. I guess you will probably be able to move them down and slightly forward to make it a bit less racey. The race seat is worth considering as it's slightly higher and so achieves the same end.

3. Yeah the back of my knees are killing the pegs just feel too high..thanks I'll have a look into the seat I have spotted it before but thought it was just a good lookin extra I may try that first b4 having to fork out on the rearsets

4. Attack Performance in the US make rearsets with a huge range of adjustability, not sure if they make them for the Panigale. Gia Moto make them, not sure how much extra room they would give - call them, they're really helpful. I had a set of theirs on my S1000RR, quality kit. Also, I don't know if Ducati sell the equivalent of the "Superpole" seat for the Panigale? I have one on my 1198S and it definitely helps with legroom. Doesn't do anything for the neck though!

5. I found the same on the Pani in that it was a little awkward if like me you have long and muscular legs, so ended up getting aches.
    Race seat seems to have worked as the added height and not sliding forward anymore has made it a little more comfortable. Could still do with going back a bit on the pegs but think Giles etc are ludicrous for a bit of CNC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do Not Sell My Personal Information