1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Give Me Air, I Can’t Breath!

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Mark9, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Spoke to Nelly, he’s fitted the MWR airbox mod to a customers bike and the dyno showed a 4 to 5 bhp improvement, I had a spare airbox (£40 eBay, came with as new standard air filter, intake “Y” piece & injectors!) and had started to mod it MWR style but as an experiment I’ve just modded the front panel (quicker to fit no need to remove whole airbox/throttle body), anyway I made the lash up below using a Ramair filter panel kit, £11 eBay, it gives a useful bit of extra torque between 4 to 5k revs, and is cheap/quick to do, not in the ideal position of course as it’s dusty behind the front wheel!, I don’t use this bike in the rain so water ingress isn’t an issue though, I know it’s not a performance bike and they are fine as standard really but it’s a good little boost , I’ll probably continue with the MWR style mod and refit the blank front panel when I have time but I thought I’d post this as it does prove that the standard airbox is restrictive!

8AA73A0F-7857-4E83-884F-E120B1E7FEDA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information