1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glastonbury 2021 Cancelled

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Jan 21, 2021.

1. bummer, we are supposed to be going to, dune the rabit hole this year on last years ticket as it was cancelled then too.
    not heard anything yet, but it aint looking good is it.

2. We’ve got a few re-arranged gigs and festivals booked too. Must have several hundred pounds tied up in event tickets :/

3. again, bummer. a good blow out around about now would do me no harm a tall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. So much disruption,meltdown in the worlds economies and leisure sectors,then surely China should be paying compensation out or we should stop buying their rubbish.:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Good have you seen all the shite they leave behind!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bit of land spare for some pikees to invade, then talk about what mess is left behind.

7. As most people know Micheal Eavis is a dairy farmer aswell as the Glastonbury host. He once told me that if the festival ever started interfering with the milking of the cows he would ditch the festival in a heartbeat. However I think since his daughter Emily took over the organisation of things it’s probably the other way round!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. He's a simple farmer who also happens to have 100% of the shareholding of Glastonbury Festival Events Ltd. The turnover in a festival year is about £44m with a PBT of circa £1.7m.
    You'd need a lot of cows to rival that but of course once you've got a healthy bank balance being a simple dairy farmer would be easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. It is a great event and probably a bucket lister, I went in 1994 and thoroughly enjoyed it very dry and hot long weekend. It’s got silly big now for me to consider going again and very difficult to obtain tickets.

10. i think its morphed from the original party in a field though. My mate headlined there 2019 and said its the most corporate event he’s done. Apparently back stage looks like a BBC convention.

#11 Drinky, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. So I deduce that your mate is either Robert Smith, Brandon Flowers or Stormzy.

12. Or Jeremy Corbyn.... wasn’t he there. Or was that a bit back??

13. Close, Simon Gallup.

• Like Like x 1
  14. From a different thread The Cure’s bassist?

15. Wouldn't surprise me if 2022 is cancelled either.

16. And 2023....

17. Good idea. Let’s start by boycotting cheap tents, sleeping bags and wellies!

• Like Like x 1

18. Hi Donald, not so busy these days?

19. Yes, thats him.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information