1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glove Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Oly, Jul 18, 2019.

1. going on a trip in October to
    Luxemburg and Ardennes,
    So I figure the weather may be changeable. I would like to take two oIrs or gloves, a waterproof pair and a thin comfy pair,
    Any suggestions

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Rukka Apollo had a pair for a few years. Good in all weathers. Bought some R-star 2 in 1 and some ceres recently, R Stars seem a bit bulky but a very good concept and would only be worn on coldest of days. Ceres a gore tex short glove nice and comfortable thinner but a good replacement for the Apollo. As nobody on here knows me or more importantly the mrs I can admit to buying a pair of rukka rytmi this week, probably my go to pair for the summer now, nice soft leather shorties fit like a .............

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I counted the other day the different pairs of gloves I have.........7 pairs!

The ones I use most are my Knox Handroids when wearing my one piece, my Dainese short gloves for summer riding with my textile jacket, my Furygan winter gloves with my Scrambler jacket and my Rukka wet weather gloves with my textiles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Which Dainese short gloves have you got El? I used to have some pistons and quite fancy some more for our Sumner trip up from Santander to Caen

5. I use Knox Android. Best glove I've ever used. Maybe track focused though, not sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I bought some knox handroid, coolest looking gloves by a long long way imo, I gave them away after 3 wears, my thumbs didnt reach to the tip and made using them clumsy so I recommend anyone try these on rather than order online.

I should mention that thumb length and penis length are probly connected :pensive:

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Another Knox Handroid user here.

8. Just checked and they are the Dainese Carbon gloves. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kushitani gpr6. They also make a more all rounder version I believe.

10. What’s so good about handroid gloves! At £220 there must be something.

11. You get to make robot noises when you move in them :heart_eyes:.

On a serious note, they are very secure/protective, comfortable (after bedding in) and wear well due to being very well made.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The only answer us to go try several pairs on in a bike shop. The fit feels different across all sizes depending on summer/ winter, track/road, armour/not etc etc. Took me ages to get a pair that fit me properly. I now have 3 properly fitting pairs and several that don’t fit (internet purchases).

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. This

14. Bit of a glove whore, not sure how many pairs I have, a drawer full...

Use a pair of Held Goretex without a thermal lining in wet weather and have a varied selection of shorty gloves for dry warm weather; Rukka Rytmi, Furygan TD21, and a pair from Richa that I got at the NEC one year. Select those depending what else I'm wearing. I accept that the last two aren't going to provide the same sort of protection as a pair of Handroids but to me comfort is also important. Have tried Handroids and they're, to me at least, not that good a fit (have I just confessed to having a small todgger)...

15. They're like magic gloves. I slid down the track at 70mph in my brand spanking new Knox Androids. Other than my fingers stinging like fek, I was fine. I thought my new gloves would be toast but when I inspected them I could not find the slightest scuff, scratch or blemish. Harry Potter shit I tell thee....

Leathers were a mess... :neutral:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. I've got Berring GoreTex gloves which have been great but the cuff is really short and they are still on the thicker side.

My missus just bought me some Five WP gloves because I tried them at the superbikes and loved them, they are thin like a summer glove nearly but have summer glove style armour so better for chilly spring morning rides than vented leather.

https://five-gloves.com/glove/sport-wp/

The fit is absolutely excellent.

17. Knox Handroid, still wearing them in but really good feel and quality.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information