1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gls Couriers And Parcelforce

Discussion in 'Online Retailer reviews' started by Andy800, Feb 8, 2018.

1. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.
    On 6th January I purchased an 1199 Marchesini rear wheel for my recently SSSA converted 899.
    The package was dispatched on the 8th and collected on the 9th by GLS.
    I was sent a delivery email with tracking number from GLS and one for when it was passed on to Parcelforce, great I thought, they are on the ball.
    3 Weeks down the line still no wheel, I contacted the supplier in Italy (Omnia racing) who reply was "I hope it arrives soon"....Yeah me too I thought.
    Monday I received an email from Omnia saying the parcel was stuck at GLS and they need my phone number, I sent it quick smart.....No reply. I emailed them again today.
    Yesterday I contacted Parcelforce and they directed me to parcel force Europe who were closed.
    Today I received an email saying that GLS had lost the parcel, closed the case and would refund Omnia 10Eur per KG (4.9KG)
    Fortunately Omnia have offered me a full refund, they don't have any more wheels in stock :(

I'm happy to give credit where its due and GLS certainly don't deserve any on this occasion... With a business model of taking a 900+ euro package, losing it and refunding 40 euro's compensation, well, I'm in the wrong business
    Parcelforce are guilty by association as they brandish the GLS logo on their delivery trucks and they issued me with a parcel tracking number also

I thanked the lady at Omnia for the refund. I explained that there are some great items on their website but I wouldn't have any confidence in buying from them in the future thanks to GLS

#1 Andy800, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. Courier's are a law to themselves......currently waiting on my forks, should be here today or tomorrow......:eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sorry to hear your loss,some one must have a wheel some where ,,things just dont disapear into thin air do they?:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My thoughts also. Its not like it can fall down back of the couriers passenger seat.... The annoying thing is I've spent the last month excited to come home and check the mail.....

5. on a lighter note,,you must have a F@@king big letter box?:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I just recieved a parcel from Marroco4speed via GLS / Parcel force, happily without any problems which originated in Germany. I also ordered the same day another item from FFcarbon_de Germany although the carrier was DHL. The DHL package arrived two days quicker and cost £10 less.

7. Yeah we get big bills in this house o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I ordered stuff from Germany last week, arrived in two days.....
    I'm probably one of the unfortunate ones to lose a parcel but objective feedback might prompt people to check what insurance is in place before choosing a courier.
    Someone is massively out of pocket on this occasion

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I can't believe it wasn't insured by Omnia when posted.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Exactly - it is the senders responsibility to put adequate cover on the item - if standard insurance is used and you don't pay by credit card or PayPal you can loose out big time.
    I found out recently when costing a shipment from a US Bonham's auction for a bike - I think it was $2 per kilo unless you paid about $150.00 extra - and the shipping company were already charging £1200.00!

11. don't start me on Yodel again, its bad for me just thinking about it, they are with a huge margin, the very worst out there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. are they as bad as Myhermes? they just leave it on the door step in the rain And sign their machine themselves job done and you have to hope it still on the doorstep when you get home:confused:

13. For the individual consumer its one of the "it'll never happen to me" scenario's. For traders sending out very expensive packages you think they would know better.
    I'm glad I paid by CC as that would have been my plan B.
    I think if I were sending something out I'd chose a courier with a good tracking system, GLS's isn't very informative. I hate having to pester people as to where packages are but clearly, losing packages does happen.
    I'm sure there's a vespa in Italy with a Marchesini 1199 wheel on it, lucky find for someone when it fell of the truck

14. if only they where that good, yodel managed today for a third time in succession to throw a very expensive parcel in the verge/hedge on the start of our 100 yard long drive, right on the main road/lane, in the rain too, yet again picked up by a neighbour saving the day before it got nicked, yodel is the one and only courier company with this attitude, all the others put it nicely in the porch as requested, bastards! if I did my job like that I would be sacked on the spot, terrible attitude

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DHL are the best in my experience.

MyHerpes are a shower but better than GLS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Big up for DPD

17. Not sure how parcel force can be blamed for a parcel they never received?

18. Although they oporate as different companies, both GLS and Parcelforce are owned by Royal Mail Group.

European consumer rights mean you were fully entitled to a refund. Maybe after Brexit you would have just got the €40 or £10 :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. So....The update.
    • The lady who I've been dealing with at Ominia apologised profusely, said she would refund me on Friday and offered me a discount on my next purchase. I haven't seen the money come back on my card yet.
    • GLS web tracker updated saying the parcel is in transit and its at its destination
    • Parcelforce tracker (which is more informative than GLS's) says its at Nottingham delivery depot
    Looks like the wheel might turn up very soon. If it does, I will pay the money back to Omnia.

Learnings from this, in particular, using couriers.
    • Use a courier with a good informative tracking system
    • Use a courier that has a clear point of contact particularly a phone number
    • Get an estimated date of arrival so it doesn't drift on for weeks in limbo
    • Check what insurance is paid for the unfortunate event of a lost item

Edit... Hopefully will be resolved shortly.

#19 Andy800, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  20. I was going to suggest not giving up. I’ve had a few items refunded in the past, only for them to arrive further down the line... Typically theft is quite low within parcel carriers, it’s usually just lost somewhere in the network.

Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information