1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Go Pro Mounting

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bozz1974, May 27, 2017.

1. I am attending the Ducati track day at Donington on Tuesday, and just wondered if anyone has just used the curved sticky mount that comes with the camera and just put it on the fuel tank, I have done this on my last two bikes and it is fine.
    I have seen you can get special mounts but I have unfortunately left it to late.

2. Most places don't let you mount on the fuel tank any more. I sometimes manage to get away with using the suction mount which is cool as it's a good view seeing the hands but I think it's just because they didn't notice! Dave Parmeter (Facebook, also on the Facebook Ducati Owners club page) sells some nice little mounts that go on your top yoke that work well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I used the curved one on the tail (rear facing) but a lot of track day companies wont let you mount on the tank. Other options are off the yoke or attached to the fairing.

4. I use a RAM mount in the upper triple.

5. Would you get away with mounting it to your helmet? Its been 2 years since I did track day and the camera had to mounted on your bike.

6. No not allowed.

7. I have both the telferizer stem mount ram ball and the Dave parmeter plate one. Both work equally well but if it was just for track day use, I'd go with the plate. The ram mount is very useful for using an x grip or other mobile phone holder though.

You can mount the go pro using a normal mount anywhere else on the bike normally, just make sure it also has a secondary tether.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information