1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Going To Look At 748 Later -help

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by ducati749LT, Apr 12, 2019.

1. As above going to look at one later that has been stored for a while.

Not had a bike for years but wanted to know how easy is it to check the frame number and engine number against the V5 with all the fairing on.

Assume it’s going to be difficult?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frame number is on headstock and is easy to read. Take a torch in case it is dirty.
    Engine number is on LH engine case just in front of gear change shaft. It is visible with LH fairing removed.
    Removing fairing involves taking out two Dzus at bottom centre of fairing and four along upper edge. Piece of piss to do and takes about 3 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. The frame number is stamped on the rhs of the headstock, should be able to view it with the fairing in place. The engine number is stamped on the lhs of the sump, you’ll have to remove the fairing for that but the frame no. will give you enough info to check with DVLA.

4. Ok thanks both

5. Keep us posted with what you see/get

6. Yep will do. Been looking for a couple of months. Haven’t had a bike for 8 years but miss one sitting in the garage. This will mainly be an ornament but will be ridden a couple of times a year I expect (sold all my gear).

This one is cheap as it needs a bit of work and has been sat for 8 years although regularly started and run I am told. If I get it I will get it cleaned up then fully serviced, tyres, belts and mot and see how it runs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ornament??
    Sacrilege...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I've got a 748 Racing as a Man Cave ornament....

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've got lots of ornaments - can't ride them all, not as rich as some on here that moan about it :eek:
    Welcome to the Forum :):upyeah:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 2
  10. Some rich git Nuked me :eek:

o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. Going for this in the morning, just picked up a van.

Going on hols Monday so need to cleft it on a trickle charge.

Optimate or ctek still good? Which do I get model wise please chaps?

• Like Like x 1
  12. When I use one, I tend to use a ctek mxs 5.0 but if you type in battery charger, there are plenty of recomendations

#12 noobie, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  13. Ctek works for me.

Looking forward to seeing some pics, and congrats on your new purchase/ hobby/ cash magnet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Optimate 4 for me. Congratulations, tell us all more about it when you get back.

15. Worrying lack of pics :-

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Of the bike or everyone’s favourite battery charger ;)

17. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. .......or the van :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information