1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gone Awol....update

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Arquebus, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Like some of the other posters I don’t know you but have seen a few of your posts in the past. Hope things go the right way for you and best of luck.

2. Keep stoic and believe, Al :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

3. Good luck and don’t be a stranger on here

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hope is there till there is no hope left Al
    Everyday is precious make the most of them as I’m sure you do.
    Hoping you get the news we all want for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. All the best bud :beer:

6. Best wishes to you

7. Al,
    As others have said all the very best and fingers crossed for a good outcome. We SS owners depend on your knowledge and expertise! :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. As mentioned, all the best for a good outcome :upyeah:

9. Really hope there's nothing but good news for you Al.
    Try and keep positive pal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. As some have already said above, we've never spoken directly, but the forum wouldn't be the same without your contribution. Sending best wishes your way.

11. Think positive. Hoping the biopsy results go the right way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. best wishes Arque :upyeah:

13. F*cksake fella, I'm much more of a reader than a writer but I'm wishing you well, hard to know what to say when times are tough but you came into the world screaming and kicking, keep it up, it's always a good day to be alive.

• Like Like x 3
  14. I lost a sibling to cancer this year. From what I've seen staying positive for yourself and those around you is a huge part of the fight.
    All the best to you and yours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wishing you the Best...

16. All the Best Al, make the very best of what you have
    Taking a line from Will Smith “life’s not about the breaths you take, it’s about the moments that take your breath away”

17. Thank you everyone for all the kind thoughts and comments.

Without boring the pants off you, having this after three years of it all seeming to go the right way (and on top of all the other bloody ailments) I am somewhat fed up.

It is hard to say now what caused my massive weight and muscle loss which started in 2013, but I am now struggling, so much so that I couldn't even move the Harley around (but I could ride it OK).

So anyway, the Harley has been sold.

Subject to what happens now with the cancer problem which is an aggressive Grade 3 type, I am keeping my eyes open for a Jap 250 /350 two stroke screamer that I can fiddle around with, but probably not ride.

Unfortunately my future depends on the hospital multi-discipline meetings that will take place this week and as to whether I agree to what they want to do (some of them favour removing part of my anatomy, but I point out to them that my brain has already been taken out).

Anyway, I will wait to see what happens.

Thanks again, AL

• Like Like x 14
    • Love You Love You x 7
  18. I know exactly how you are feeling Al,

I never found any meetings with the consultants at the hospital to be a positive experience tbh, they simply dare not ( understandably) give you much reassurance, me and my wife used to come away pretty depressed really, so after the second session with them I thought “ Bollox, I’m gonna work on the basis that if I feel alright,.. I am alright “
    Dunno if it was just sticking my head in the sand like an Ostrich and shutting reality out, or in another way , setting my mind into determination mode, but it seemed to work for me.
    You will know this already, but your determination, tenacity, stubbornness, but also patience, will be your best assets to get you through it.
    I thought long and hard about writing this, hope that it helps in some way.

As Winston Churchill once said “ When you’re going through hell,...keep going!”

All the best mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 9
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Best wishes AL. I just hope that you get the outcome you need.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information