1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gone To The Darkside ...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Packman, May 2, 2019.

1. Well after nearly 5 years of ownership ive sold my Hyper .....

Reasons well there has to be reasons 1st i made to a totally ride able hooligan machine in the way of Corse Dynamics Air filter kit with bigger trumpets no airbox and 2 big K&N's also full MIVV System and BSD mapped this gained 10hp to the rear boot .... i was really finding it hard not to roll on 3r & 4th gear wheelies everywhere so that can end either end in a box or a ban...you could say ride normal but whats the point of a Hyper if you plod along .. 2nd it really cheesed me off putting to bed for 4 months during the winter as the roads i use for work are very slick and mucky this does not bode well with a naked esp if you have a cleaning fetish ! 3rd. I got the same price as i paid for it 5 years ago now with 16k on it yes i put new tyres on new belts and a battery. 4th reason ... there is always something else to try ... i really wanted a 1098 Streetfighter but id be back in the same position.

So here it is 2013 990 with the 113hp engine ... 19k new boots , MOT , Brakes , O&F GIVI satnav and back box heated grips K&N Scott oiler & panniers touring screen ... plus it was 1k less than in the midlands ... i flew upto Glasgow yesterday morning early and rode it 368 miles back .... owe and its pretty mint the only thing that pisses me off is a few corroded spoke and nipples this effect all 990's ... its sits at 90 all day and is as quick in the twisty bits ...

My dream bike is the new Multi Enduro but that will have to wait a bit. My 96 Africa Twin can now come off the road and be stripped and restored with the frame blasted and powder coated new gold rims and hubs stainless spokes and nipples , engine will be blasted and painted HRC gold and generally made minty again as it rides lovely esp with the Drz suspension ive added at the front !

ktm 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your picture shows a number of serious oil leaks :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Enjoy, hope you share the africa-twin strip down!

4. She is dry as the bottom of Gandhi's flip flop :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thread moved

6. Every pan has a lid :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information