1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Good Chains?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by DD DucDave, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Hi everyone,
    Need to buy a chain and sprocket kit for my 748. I'm sure this has been covered in previous threads, but the world of chains seems to be ever changing. I've only brought D.I.D before and haven't had a problem. But with cheaper c&s kits out there claiming to be just as good, is it worth it?

2. D.I.D all the way personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thread on here somewhere, think Multi owner, some liking AFAM at the moment.

4. Best chain is Tsubaki, sprockets Talon.

5. Stick with known quality brands like those already mentioned, keep it clean and lubed to get the best value and use out of it.

6. Used DID for years, now using Afam, last longer and only 3adjustments in 15000 miles so far,

• Like Like x 1
  7. I find even cheap ones are fine so long as the gauge is ample - they ain't going to get out too easily anyhoo...

untitled.png

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Face Palm x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. Thanks for the replies...... and picture:dizzy:. Looks like I've got some shopping around to do

9. do you have a quick change sprocket carrier? I do on mine and use a renthal sprocket and was using a tsubaki chian , both of which lasted years. Only changed the chain as I didn't like the gold color and found a silver one ( can't remember the make but it looks better! )

10. Not sure if i have a "quick change carrier". I'm going to fit new chain and sprocket my self and haven't fitted one to a single swing arm before. Any heads up or tips would be appreciated!:kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nothing wrong with JT chains and sprockets IME.
    Biker folk are a conservative lot.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information