1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Job That We Are Protected By Politicians

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Feb 17, 2020.

1. George Eustice, who became environment secretary in the cabinet reshuffle last week, tells BBC Breakfast that extreme weather events like Storm Dennis are “becoming more frequent”.

The phrase, "No Sh1t, Sherlock, springs to mind....

upload_2020-2-17_12-15-29.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I've noticed that we get weather every day :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I saw a BBC article earlier today, but I can't find it now.......

It had a photo of a senior man (possibly the top man) at the Environment Agency stating that they can't be expected to prevent flooding in every location.

.......clearing the damn rivers and watercourses might go a long way to reducing a lot of it.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. I got up at 0200 this morning for a piss, guess what yeap weather..........

5. It gets everywhere - something needs to be done :mad::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. "We need Governments to protect our borders and to keep us safe from invaders. Also, to fix the weather."

Hmm. When you put it that way ...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Borders and invaders are a myth - with the weather nobody will want to come and invade, fix the weather - then you need border and invasion control

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. No. Invaders.

Rii-iii-iii-ght.

I agree there are no borders, to speak of.

Good work, Harry! Now do your climate dance and fix it!

9. Tax the friggin water companies properly- there profits are massive

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. We are in the wrong place!

upload_2020-2-17_15-13-49.png

11. Greta will fix it :upyeah: then we can worry about invaders

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. i remember him
    [​IMG]

13. Had a bit of wind and rain here in both storms; but apart from the wind being cold (for me, that is) and the garden like a bog, nothing much happened.

I suppose the next storm will be called 'End of the World is Nigh' and soon after that it will be the 'FFS give it a rest' storm.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Still. At least the met office, although having rea;shed a brand now state of the art system 2 years ago are getting another 1.2bn for a new super computer

Am I mad to think what could be done with 1.2bn to clear rivers and waterways, push water back onto planned flood-planes, recover those planes that have been taken for farming...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I think its fairly unlikely that the principle use of the computer will be to predict the weather.

Besides, what the point - we are in the UK, its going to rain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. The rainfall was well predicted and forecast. Why it is felt that a 1.2 billion computer (or whatever it was) is going to make any difference just shows the confusion of government. As above: it's the UK and it rains - a lot! My mother is 89 and doesn't know what day of the week it is. She's shocked.

17. i hope they check it fits in the room !! the fucking morons in our Dail/parliament bought a 200000 euro printer then realized they had to do building works to fit it in the printing room another 800000 then the vat !! total was 1.36million

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information