1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Leather Repairs In North East?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by hyper95, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Hello all,

Anyone here that can recommend a good place to carry out repairs to motorcycle leathers based / close to the North East?

It's only a bit of stitching that's come off loose on the front button of the trousers. Considering they're an expensive bit of kit, I'd rather take them to a well known place that has experience.

Thanks,
    Hyper95

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Oh dear @nodrog have you had a bad experience with her?

Oh, hang on. You've switched to agree:)

3. Plus 1for the leather workshop
    I went down to Doncaster to drop off a pair of old Dainese leather jeans that I wanted some stretch panels fitted to.
    Good job good service the lady knows what she is talking about
    I am local to you and couldn’t find anyone else.Was worth the trip out.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Apologies my bad. No complaints at all

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for your suggestions.

I spoke to Dainese about it (pants are only 2 months old) and they would've had to send them to Italy, meaning over 1 month wait to get them back (at least).

So I took them to D.P. leathers (based in Newcastle). They did a great job sorting the pants out on the go and only charged a fiver. I'll have to wait to see the quality of the repair, but the service and cost was spot on.

Thought I'd post about the good experience in case anyone needs some leather repairs around the area.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had Nine Lives (Chris) shorten some Rukka Gortex trousers - below and above the knee.... just came back this week.

(I am a Hobbit)

Look perfect on the outside and inside - PERFECT job...

Not sure where he is in relation to you - but if its mail then it really does not matter...

• Like Like x 1
  7. There was a guy up westgate road used to do repairs. He done a zip for me years ago and did a good job.
    Is ‘Mr Rahman’ not there now ?

‘I put zip in Jean for £1’
    ( This was his radio advert for non North easterners )

8. I remember that advert

9. Guy in a little shop on Westgate rd, Newcastle.
    Its upstairs, near to the post office and tattoo placr.
    Might be DP leathers, cant remrmber. Cheap and work is 1st rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sorry about spelling, mobile and big thumb!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information