1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye K1300r Hello Multistrada 1260s

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Stuey.2ee, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Hi all I’m new to this site having escaped from the world of BMW.
    I was finding it difficult to find something like my k1300 for fun and touring capability didn’t want a gs, tried the s1000xr but the vibes and looks didn’t do much. The colour of the r1250 rs were equally dull.
    So the short list was KTM super duke gt or multistrada 1260s due to COVID it’s impossible to get a test ride so after watching plenty of YouTube I bought a multi scraper blind from a main dealer in Leeds.
    The bike got delivered Saturday as well as some parts from evotech managed a short test ride to make sure nothing is wrong now it’s parked up waiting for some decent weather.
    I’ll be looking into best mods certainly screen might be next any advice is greatly appreciated I think the bike belonged to stonehouse hotel not sure if they are on here.

well that’s all folks

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome to the world of Ducati!
    I took an s1000xr out last year, hated the vibes and the bland power delivery. A screamer top end but like a big electric motor. No growl.
    So kept my BM (GS) and bought a 1200r Monster. Third Duke for me. Keep coming back..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great choice.

Mods wise, I was fine with the screen and I’m 5’7 but with my big area I sit like 6’2 in the seat ;) Some like a smaller screen too like the PP one. 42t rear works well on most multis, and the seat can get a bit slidey on some. So mind your balls ;)

4. Cheers I’ll bare that in mind there’s only 5000 miles so might change the rear when the chain need replacing I’m going to miss the shaft drive

5. Get yourself an automatic chain oiler like a PDoiler or Tutoro

http://www.pdoiler.co.uk/

https://www.tutorochainoiler.com/

6. welcome and enjoy

7. Welcome Stuey, good choice, enjoy:upyeah:

As to the screen; there's plenty of discussion here on the subject. I tried a few but wound up using the std one combined with some Iconic Screen Spacers. @Jamie Clare of this parish makes them.

There is still a little mild turbulence but the above was the best result for me. Your experience may vary, depends on a number of factors; height, helmet etc. Bigger touring screens didn't help.

#9 Bumpkin, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hey newbie stuey we like pictures especially your bins as they keep me happy :)

welcome into our mad house

• Disagree Disagree x 1

9. Is there a forum discount?..

10. Sorry, I don't think that there is, see here.

11. I have used a PDoiler for several years. I had it wired in via a relay so that it only operated with the ignition on. It was very easy to install and very reliable and easy to regulate. To give an example, I did two trips to Europe a year of 2000 miles per trip. The PDoiler used to last almost 3000 miles full to empty. About the only thing I could say against it was that it was a little fiddly to fill although that may have changed by now as I bought mine in 2013.

The Tutoro oiler is mechanical and is operated by suspension movement. I haven’t personally used one but one of my riding buddies has and he swears by it.

I would be happy to use either one.

12. Bins? We recycle a lot here so have four different types

• Like Like x 1
  13. pictures please :D

14. When replacing the OE chain probably around 10,000 miles I would recommend fitting Afam , I have had DID,OE and Afam, never got more than 12000 out of DID . Afam by far the best, now done 23000 miles, hardly ever needs adjusting . I clean the chain by hand about 2-3 times a year and have always come back to using Castrol chain lube. As @Bumpkin said, the screen spacer is an effective tool, bigger screen might mean more are to push out of the way with more turbulence. It’s also very important to get the suspension correctly set up for you by people in the know, that make a huge difference. Fantastic family of bikes, fantastic forum, you will find all your answers here among the most knowledgeable members.

15. thanks the suspension is going to be something I’ll need to play about with as my last bike had paralevers and esa

16. @Jamie Clare

17. 4 different types of bins! What an asset to the forum. Multi coloured flip tops with 2 wheels? My favourites! Welcome.

18. Great bike 1300r.... I’ll have another at some point....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information