1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye, Quiting Riding. :(

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Claude G., Apr 12, 2018.

1. Yes, I will no longer ride Ducati or any other bike.
    On March 20th I left my house to go to work and never made it. I woke up a week later from a 5 day comaand spent 3 weeks in the hospital. I am now in a rehabilitation clinic and will probably be there for about 5 weeks.
    Through it all I can call myself lucky that I am alive. For 5 days the doctors would give no assurance to my wife. They were not sure I would make it. The Pani is gone and I cant put my wife through this so it is time to call it quits.
    I lost my spleen, broke a vertabrae in my back, had an Occipital fracture and suffered severe concussion. My left arm is still not in shape. I almost died from inner bleeding if it was not for a quick thinking doctor I would not be here now.
    Looking at all this I would say I was lucky and for the love of my wife will not take another chance.
    So I am just saying goodbye and you guys ride safe. By the way 100% of the fault was with the car that cut me off.

• Love You Love You x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Wow Claude your a very Lucky boy !!

Glad to hear your on the mend

Sounds like you have used all of your 9 lives up in 1 go.

Best wishes, stay safe

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry to hear of your crash, glad your on the mend though. Have you not thought of just track riding?? No cars ect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GWS matey, thats terrible.

If its in your blood, you'll be back once the memories have cleared and the injuries healed, we all are, even if its in 20 years (subject to you not being 60 already!) :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. That's awful luck - hope your recovery is swift and you are at ease with your decision, a brave and unselfish one but hope you can be back in time.
    Keep looking in as the interest will not fade and let us know how you are doing! :):upyeah:

#5 Exige, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Glad that you made it Claude, and I hope with a little more time you make a full recovery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. Good luck fella, you can always go off roading if you have never done it I would honestly say it's often more fun than road riding and a heap safer....and why say goodbye on here? Plenty of things you can get involved in on here it could well help you, still in touch with bike people online, a wide knowledge base on here, and many people on here have and are experiencing serious medical issues you could take strength and benefit from been here....you will have plenty of spare time coming to read and be involved on here....I wish you the very best of luck and I'm glad your wife still has a husband :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  8. best wishes to you and your missus - I can't begin to comprehend the pain and trauma, but the protection of a steel box is considerably safer than nothing, and good luck for the future :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. So sorry to hear about your accident. Relax, get well, and hang around here. Just because you have decided to stop riding doesn’t mean you have to leave the site.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hi mate. Glad you’re pulling through it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. It’s always sad and sobering to hear of a fellow rider having a major incident on their bike. My thoughts go out to you, your wife and your friends and family. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sorry to hear of your accident. A lot to be said for trail riding.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sorry to hear this Claude. Here's hoping you make a full recovery. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. OMG :( I’m sorry to be reading this Claude
    Please get yourself healing and then take your precious time and enjoy it with your wife bless you both
    You know your still welcome to join in with us on here bike or no bike
    Xx

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wishing you all the best for the future and I hope you make a full recovery very soon

• Like Like x 1
  16. So sorry to hear that, wishing you a speedy recovery Claude, very happy for you and your loved ones that you are on the mend, hope you stay around on the forum, all the best.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ouch ! I would take the same decision Claude. Good luck with your rehabilitation and future life choices. All the best ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I hope you have a full recovery Claude.
    Just because you don't have a bike doesn't mean you have to leave the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Not an easy decision I'm sure.
    Get well soon and keep us updated with your recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I wouldn't beat yourself up about your decision, sometimes we get hints at directions in life and this might be yours. Take care, rest well and I hope your recovery is a steady and positive one.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information