1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Goodies Inbound!!! Winter Weight Reduction Starts Here..

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dave dunlop, Oct 18, 2018.

1. So need something over the winter to keep me busy so the 959 is going on a major diet! Just ordered Carbon Subframe plus the OZ wheels. Power to weight is key in my book and makes a massive difference to all areas. Realistically I want to see high 170kgs or low 180kgs with a small amount of fuel... anyone else done the Carbon Subrame? Already changed out most of the Big bolts to Ti plus obviously removing lots of road gear that's just not needed....anyone fitted Carbon front fairing clock mount subframe that can let me know weight saving? Cheers....

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMG_3677.PNG IMG_3680.PNG

• Like Like x 7
  3. That subframe looks like itll cost more than my house....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Go on a diet.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. My 899 is running a 1299 rear subframe. Significantly less weight than the stock steel item and cheaper than the carbon option, although ultimately not as light.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Already done..... from 80kgs down too 63kgs!! in just under a year! Cost me bloody fortune in new gear :D ....

• Like Like x 6
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Good shout....but after the lightest possible Nelly! Do you know if the Ali tank fits from other models?

8. Yep, should swap over fine. If cost isn't an option, there are carbon tanks to ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Yep, spending all that money will lighten your pockets

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tasty!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. You painting the subframe or leaving bare carbon?

12. It's going bare apart from some White 1299R Number-boards to tie in with the white and black carbon theme. It's all going to be in the Matt finish so the same as the bike. Think this will work well. Possible add Matt Black nosecone graphic and lower bellypan with Matt carbon Black centre fairings. Kind of wish I was handy enough to do some kind of photoshop image to get a general idea.... but have a good image in my head :) Should look quite striking against the OZ wheels

• Like Like x 1
  13. That carbon sub frame only costs 1900 quid, quite cheap to be fair.

Massive 5.4kg weight saving

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Your adding some nice bits and will see quite a difference in the feel of the bike I'm sure, keep it up.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Thanks... I'm kind of thinking possible long term too as most parts bar the wheels will transition over too 1299 in a couple of years! Unless the V4 comes down considerably... I wish. But for now I'm just happy making the 959 as light as possible. K Tech shock has made a massive improvement so the front forks will be completed over winter...power to weight is key and weight distribution bias ...

16. Evap now fully removed..... image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. More Carbon Fullsix arrived plus loads more Titanium fixings too... just waiting on OZ Gass wheels and Full Carbon Subframe.... Big thanks too Topo at Ricambi Moto and Steve at Conquest Carbon for all your help... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

18. 520 Chain conversion done with Ti Sprocket Bolt... Eazi-Grip plus Tankpad fitted.... image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Very satisfying replacing zinc with titanium isn't it? Therapy for me.
    You used an appropriate anti seize for TI into alloy compatibility?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Take the engine out, that must really weigh something, I'm not surprised you lost that amount of weight either as you probably couldn't afford food with all the money you spent on the bike :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information