1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Ducati Forum

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rob, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Pretty pleased right now :biggrin:

Google 'Ducati Forum’ and out of 6.2 million results our little forum is Number 2!

Not bad for a site less than 8 weeks old, eh?!

Rob.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Well....it would be near the top wouldn't it? In fact it should be at the top.......

It's a bit like Googling 'Winston Churchill' or 'BBC News'.......because it is finding exactly what you are asking it to do.....

Now if you Googled 'Italian Motorcycle Discussion Websites'.....you really want it to appear in there and it isn't on the first three pages, because I just checked....need some spiders and more metatags etc etc.....and there is a little trick that I don't want to make public.....people earn a living from it and Google might change it if it becomes common knowledge.

But actually, bl**dy well done for getting the site together Rob.

AL

3. It's nice how you called it "our forum"

4. Actually Arq, there are hundreds of Ducati discussion forums that have been around for years..... in the last week 32% of visits to us came via Google search.

5. Well done Rob you`re a star! :upyeah:

6. And a few weeks ago it couldn't be found via Google easily at all. Well done Rob! :upyeah:

7. Nah, mine goes to Ducati Coventry.........

8. Great news. I will easily be able to add it to my favourites on my fooked tablet when I get it back. Well done. Great site.

9. But the object is to find things by 'chance' rather than 'directly'............for example, say, for a living I was a private top class plastic surgeon....so someone Googles 'Arq'.....well, they will find me straightaway.......but if you Googled 'plastic surgery' or 'new nose', you would find plenty plastic surgeons, but not necessarily 'Arq's' website.......it's the way the website structure is read by Google each time it's bots go searching that pushes it up in the Google pages (and there are ways to make those bots read the website more often).

Still....I'm probably telling Grandma something rude about eggs.....

AL.

10. Nice Forum though rob, well done.

11. Well done n thanks Rob

12. Arquebus is 100% right, but i do think you are missing the point a bit mate.
    All of us here are Ducati lovers and i would imagine most of us know how to enter the right search criteria to get the result we want.
    Search "Ducati Forum" would be the first thing i would do if i was a "noob" on the web and i would end up here. Others may take longer putting in other search criteria, but are they looking for a Ducati Forum ?
    Finding what you are looking for just by chance is something that really left us as long ago as the late 1990's, peeps are more net savvy and a bit more direct in what they are looking for nowdays.

Great job Rob.....................it can only get better.

13. I reckon a 'noob' would stick in 'Ducati' first of all.......and besides, what's to stop someone else from now coming up with a new site based on this one as: 'Ducati Forum UK' or Ducati Forum Worldwide'.....surely we would still want Ducati Forum at the top of any search.

From my own experience, everyone 'workwise' knows who I am, so they don't have to search for me......if someone else gets a hint of the company name and thinks I can assist them, they stick it into Google and they don't get me, but an enterprise in a different part of the UK which has a slightly tenable link to what I do......what makes the difference in my case is 'Limited' after the company name.

I wasn't criticising, just trying to assist with what may not be obvious.

AL

14. The point is though that Ducati Forum is a very generic phrase to search for. It would be the first this I tried if I was looking for an online forum.

AL, your example is exactly why it is a great result that we are 2nd in google - it is a very generic phrase :)

15. Of course....a perfectly good choice of words...........when I went looking for Ducati Forums when I first got the bike, I didn't stick in Ducatisti or Ducati.ms

AL.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information