1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gopro Makes You Gomore

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by finm, Jan 21, 2019.

1. a while back there was a thread sugesting that sticking a gopro on your bike might encourage you to ride faster than maybe your abiltes can accomodate. the lad put one on his crf125 and then challanged me to race. the dumb fug near killed himself twice, once where he nearly slid off the side of the track down a steep embanckment and the other where he ended up in a ditch just missing a drop in to a river, niether seemed to slow him in his determination to beat the miester and post it on his youtube channel.i have never seen him ride like that before.
    so, rather than go looking for the thread i will just post it here.
    yip, GoPros can lead to serious injury.
    i guess i could of backed off, but fug him.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I’ve fitted a cam on my bike and set it up to record on powering up and works as a dash cam . If anything, it’s slowed me down. After playing back I could see I was getting a little out of control on some bends etc and so it’s making me improve on smoothness rather than progression. It’s a good thing in my mind :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. The worry these days isn’t so much that as being prosecuted. There was the lad who pulled out of a junction and started chasing a chap on a spirited run. The camera owner crashed and the video was used to prosecute the other rider for speeding. He didn’t ask to be chased or filmed, and was very unlucky to end up being prosecuted. Therefore I don’t get involved in any spirited road rides involving cameras or anyone I don’t know.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. aye, hopfully he will go back over it and maybe learn somthing

5. *judder* cant watch these vid's. but yip, i can see why puting one on, when on the road could lead to a penalty. you know how it is, you go out for a bimble, then something mad goes on inside.

6. The problem is he didn’t know the other lad he decided to start chasing. The other lad didn’t have a camera and didn’t crash, but was caught on a complete randoms camera that decided to chase him despite clearly not having the skills to keep up safely (proving the OP true also, because I doubt he would have tried to keep up so aggressively if he wasn’t filming it). You don’t know who has a camera these days, so I just assume everyone does.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Which camera?

8. Numpty gives KTM riders a bad name. One of the best handling bikes going and he stuffs it on a gentle bend.

I also have an Olfi cam that I usually have set to record at power on and I mount it on the front. This is purely as a just in case because I ride amongst some knob drivers in London.

9. he got, what apparntly is just a gopro but for a fraction of the cost. so far so good. i put the thread on here somwhere just before crimbo.

10. Better to make mistakes on a crf125. I don't think gopro etc makes a difference, it's usually mate's egging each other on. Where you on a track?

11. Ghost drift 4k

Do Not Sell My Personal Information