1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gopro?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by JoePeps, May 17, 2020.

1. I'm after buying a new camera for trackdays.

Can anyone recommend which is the best to buy? Would love to have the track map and speed etc on but guessing that's not a standard feature of the cam?

2. Hero 8 black or silver

3. Went on their site and it was £100 off so bought a hero 8 black, look pretty decent!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I did a ton load of research before deciding on the Hero7 Black.

Its absolutely bang on the money, the quality is amazing, the gimbal like image stabilisation is faultless.

The fact you CAN'T just replace the lens if smashed on the Hero8 is what put me off. On the Hero7 its a quick release lens, just pop it off & bang a new one on & your good to go again. The Hero8 will need sending off for repair unfortunately....obviously doing track days makes the risk even higher.

Hero7 is currently £220 with a free 64gb Sandisk Extreme card.

I got my Hero7 around 6 months ago spanking new sealed for £200 on an absolute steal!!! Was £329 everywhere else.

One thing i can say though......100000% you will be happy you went gopro.

#4 HyperActivePaul, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. I have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition and also a Drift HD Ghost 1080, both are very good, both have screens, both are quite different though. I really like both

There may be more mounts for the GoPro, but I never struggled to find the correct one for my Drift ... I would struggle to choose if I only had to keep one.

6. I'm also pondering a Go Pro given the current discounts. I've always wondered how much I'd use it though, given I'm only riding on the road. Yes, it will be potentially useful as the bike equivalent of a dashcam for my commute, but do people with them really spend much time recording themselves on the road for leisure rides, then doing something with the footage afterwards?

7. I very rarely use mine. I have taken them over into Europe, but even there I rarely used 'em. The idea is OK but having to mount/unmount 'em every time you climb off the bike is way too much effort. The sat nav - I have to have in place so I tolerate that ;)

8. I ended up buying a hero 8 black, £280 all in with a 64gb card so happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information