1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got A Cu80 Penalty? Then Go Away Sir!

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Sev, Mar 9, 2020.

1. My first downhill was being stopped near Aston by a Policeman for no other reason than his desire to search my car interior and boot. Stripping out the contents of your boot of a car onto the pavement wasn’t much fun, to later find out he had no such legal powers to do so was the start of a downward spiral of how I judge the Police.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Thank fook for that:astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. And they are always falling asleep :thinkingface:

4. Not Barristers :bucktooth:

5. The Ayrton Senna pull up on the M25 was priceless:- "Who do you think you are, Nigel Mansell??"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Surprised that Men offend more often mobile phone wise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I would say men would use the phone more for calls than women, which is possibly easier to see, but the number of women I have seen glancing down while driving would suggest they text a lot more.

8. Do what I do in future. When using your phone while driving, pop it in a large conch shell. When you get pulled over just tell the cops you're listening to the sea....

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. That brought back some memories :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Many years ago I was driving a mini (proper one) on the way back from an evening out. On entering a 40mph limit I saw a policewoman standing at the side of the road pointing a radar gun at me.

I panicked as I hadn’t been paying attention to my speed as I was a little distracted - so I grabbed my companion by her hair and pulled her away from what she was doing!.

Thanks to the fact the mini had shit lights and back in those days we actually had street lighting, the policewoman had a pretty good view of this unmistakable action!

Needless to say I wasn’t pulled over - as the WPC was laughing too much to hold the gun up!

Fond memories indeed! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Report police car reg to local station - and officer numbers if poss; Sgts take a dim view of this type of behaviour!

12. i had a pic of it on my phone and one of em in the chinese with the clock showing the time... this was in case i ever got a tug for stopping on a double yellow in my neighborhood, i planned on a lil blackmail!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Re: "do as I say, not as I do", you've reminded me of a thread on here that got a little heated re: leaving a vehicle running unattended..

• Like Like x 1
  14. im sure that'll help....;):rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. never said it was a perfect plan!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. not totally relevant but by coincidence I just watched "Richard Jewell" - what an excellent film, based on a true story. (imo) Of course we need a Policing Force, just sad and potentially dangerous when it goes wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Motoring offence....cuff him Dano

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Throw away the key :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bitch slap 'em.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information