1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got A Spare 75k - Fancy An Unregistered Desmo?

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Nigel Machin, Jan 25, 2018.

1. I worry about bikes with so little use, probably be an ornament though

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. It's not worth £75K! IMHO

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I know a fella with a dealership in West Yorkshire, I'm certain he new of one going for 24k ish, he had an opportunity to get it but missed it...probably 4 years ago amazing how things change, obviously a used bike but flipping cheap, yes in the trade it was floating about, but they were plummeting for a while.

4. I have 75k Indonesian rupia.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Knew

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. If someone drops 75 BIG ones in my bin i would be v.happy nice profit!,,but i agree they are not worth this amount of money,,

7. There are still some unregistered desmos out there.
    Many people bought them and did not ride them.
    And where thinking it was a good investment.

Henk!!!

8. What is the right price today for one?

9. Depends on history / no of owners / spec. A nice one sold on Ebay last week with good spec (GP7 Ti Exhaust - spare body work & a few extras) with only 1767 miles on the clock. Was up for £45,000 starting bid - some one obviously phoned him and did a deal to secure it. Probably the best one that has been available for some time with such low mileage. Lets guess that it went for £45k - £50k ish to get an idea of the top end ( there was no reserve) :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Zero miles unregistered £........? Real price today?

#11 XH558, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  11. Sadly I can only answer yes to one of the questions in the thread title o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Well if you wanted one to use you wouldn't pay much more than the 1767 mile one mentioned above would you? There will be no free servicing package left I don't think unless it's at an official Dealer, and that might be doubtful now perhaps.
    If it is zero mile and for collecting you risk paying what you feel as an investor it the right price I guess.
    People ask and push the prices, some people may pay - it's all a game.
    I have purchased 3 new bikes in the past all well beyond 10 years of the end of production - and I paid much less than the original RRP on all 3,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. That bike didn’t sell. The owner withdrew it as he’d changed his mind about selling.

14. Oh, good man - thanks for the update :):upyeah:

15. But it has just been put on eBay, still up for 75k but mysteriously it’s gone from 6 miles to zero miles. Andy

16. I was referring to the previous D16 for sale, chum.

17. Okay, read that post but my brain didn’t retain the importance of the “let’s guess that it sold for £45k”. Andy

#18 Android853sp, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  18. Nobody said that? :)

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information