1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Got Myself A 999s

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Sando999, Jun 22, 2019.

1. After selling my M797 a few months ago I soon realized I needed another Ducati in my life.
    Picked this one up a couple of weeks ago, not a minter but not too shabby either.
    It's a genuine 2003 mono with just short of 14.5 k on the clock. Has a mish mash of fairings on which I will get back to original as time and money allows.
    I have just fitted the Exact start cable kit (thanks Exige), more as a precaution really as it wasn't too bad before.
    Had it valeted when it arrived:)....
    [​IMG]
    Here's a few more pics (with the bins):D...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 29
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Nice one Dave

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lovely:upyeah: and six,six,six:scream:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Good work fella!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gorgeous :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Who's Dave?:confused:

7. You Dave :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nice one mate ,but it should be the same colour as your jumper.....:D:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Are you Trigger? :laughing:

10. No Dave.

11. Nice bike Dave. What's the mishmash of fairings?

12. Could have helped with that, what with my clearout and all. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Nice bike dave, the edges of the tyres look like they have at least 8,000 miles left in them :D

Does look pretty and I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun on it. Welcome

14. Very nice,good job

15. Looks like my name's Dave from now on then:rolleyes::D
    They are genuine Ducati fairings with part numbers for 999 and I think they are for 2005 model. They fit but there are subtle differences (apart from the decals).
    I have already sourced and fitted a correct one on upper RH side.
    Does anyone know the correct fixing for the lower fairings underneath? Does the S mono only have one Dzuz fastener? That's what I have and there's nothing broken off.
    Thanks, PAUL

16. There should be two Dzus underneath (or Allen bolts depending on fitment), the first very close to the v piece and the second about 20cms behind it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Terrific bike , congrats!
    Don’t worry about the Dave thing, they do it to everybody, it’s supposed to be amusing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. True, it keeps happening, again and again.

The very definition of insanity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeah I did find it funny. Thing is I joined this forum in 2012. I've just been very quiet, and looking back I probably missed out posting in the newbie section :D

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information