1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Gp Shift 1199r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by The Pearl - Paul, May 24, 2021.

1. Hi all,

Anyone done the mod for 1199 for the GP shift?

I have rizoma rear sets but I can't find anything atm really

Any of you got any experience with it?

Thanks
    Paul

2. I’m guessing you mean race shift? The Rizoma set up will reverse shift. You might need an additional rose joint. YouTube is your friend :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks bud, I'll have a look on it :upyeah:

4. This might help.... can provide a pic without fairing when I get home if needed.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1d6a.jpg

5. What did you need to do it?

6. Could you put a pic of what you've got at the min so we can see if it's just what @Mary Hinge said or you need something else? It's normally just a rose joint and the pivot to change push to pull and pull to push which is normally already there you just have to shift where the rod connects.

7. Hi Bud,

This is the clearest pic I have

Screenshot_20210525-180547_Gallery.jpg

8. Hi Paul. Looks like those rearsets might not have the provision for the reverse shift? What you can do is flip the linkage like this...
    You’d still have to invert the wires.

75565798-2103-4B34-9F78-AD84DE2F0D56.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Yeah what @bettes said. Normally you'll be able to connect above or below the pivot point to change it. Shit drawing below to hopefully explain. Blue circle the pivot point and the red blobs where the 2 connections would be. I think you only have the top one.
    Screenshot_20210525-200514.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. This might help illustrate what Jamie is saying. These instructions are for cnc racing rearsets but any that offer the GP shift function without any additional parts use a similar setup where you change where the shift rod connects to reverse the action.

AD95DAB5-8D6F-44F3-935A-42B29F6CDAE1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Haha, yeah that's a much better version. Funny thing is I have that on my phone for my own CNC ones so dunno why I didn't use that :no_mouth:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks guys,

I'll take this through to my meccanic,
    Thank you so much

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi, I have, bike is with @andyb at the minute, if we ask nicely he might take a picture and post, im sure that to get reverse shift and retain the quickshifter I needed a new reverse rod from Ducati as the original one is in the rizoma box with the original rearsets

Do Not Sell My Personal Information