1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Gp Shift?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jim Osborn, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Has anyone converted to GP shift on their V4/V4S using all the OEM parts? Looking for a detailed write up and pictures. Thanks!

2. Unfortunately it’s been a long time since I had a hard look at the V4 OEM gear change to be sure but my memory is telling me it’s not that complicated. The gear lever has an alternate fixing point for the rose joint so I think it’s just a case of undoing a bolt and reattaching it in the second threaded hole. Although mine came with the Rizoma by Ducati rearsets, I got shot of them and fitted Spider. (#38, https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/dry-clutch-conversion-anyone.67462/page-2) Andy

3. it’s easy in theory. There are 2 positions for the shift rod on the standard rearsets, you just move it to the other one.

to do this you need to remove the rearset to get at the bolt, then adjust the length of the shift rod to get the lever in the correct position

4. This was very easy to do.....done in less than an hour.
    lift.jpg
    First up on the lift

fairing.jpg

Remove lower left fairing/belly pan

Inkedgp_shift_LI.jpg

Remove bolt holding on shift lever (yellow circle). Shift lever and linkage will hang down giving you room to work.
    Red circle is OEM location for the linkage, remove bolt and move the linkage down to the blue circle and now you have GP shift.
    Did not need to adjust anything, QS works great up and down.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'm not being a smart arse just genuinely wondering, have you manged to get GP seamless shifting 6 down?

6. To my knowledge, that is not yet available to mere mortals like us. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. So race shift then.
    Sorry to be 'that guy'
    I'll see my self out.
    Bondy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sorry for not have the "proper" terminology......:poop:

9. Photos are bang on thanks. Do you know the torque setting for your yellow bolt, and the linkage bolt?

10. I snugged them down and used a little blue lock-tite

Do Not Sell My Personal Information