1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gpr Exhausts

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by gcon45, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Has anyone got experience of the 2>1 exhaust systems that GPR do for the 796?

They seem to be a much cheaper alternative to Termis / Akras.
    I just don't see the sense on spending half the value of the bike on an exhaust.

I am quite tempted by the stainless deeptone system (skip to 42 seconds):

Are the 2>1 systems plug and play (ie - no mapping required) and do they offer any power increase over stock or is it just noise?

Also - when taking away the under seat pipes does it leave any ugly brackets behind?

2. Not my cup of tea...looks a bit "bugle-y"? id say Mivv or sc project....

3. This is the one I went for:
    image.png
    Sounds fantastic (very loud!) and build quality is very good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's a bit better but id still have gone for a mivv or even an arrow can...

5. Just a bit of an update;

I have done a few hundred miles with the system fitted and am very pleased with it.

I removed the circlip holding in the DB killer to see what it would be like and rode the bike for around 50 miles but it's just too loud.

The popping and backfiring with it removed is fun at first but it's too much. Makes it sound like an old Harley!

It's still plenty loud with the DB killer fitted though and you do get pops and bangs on the overrun, albeit not as antisocial as it is without!

I have had £1000+ systems made by Akrapovic / Arrow / Termignomi in the past and I would rate the GPR up there with some the best I've owned in terms of build quality, finish and performance.

An exhaust is an absolute must on the 796 Hypermotard as the original system is sooooo quiet, heavy and restrictive.

Much recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did you flash your ECU as popping on over run means it's running lean...

7. No these are plug and play as GPR state on their site.
    The bikes are set up to run ultra lean from the factory to pass emissions testing and the freer flowing system just amplifies this.
    The system is well behaved with the DB killer in as said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. We have a pair of GPRs on my wifes ST2. They have been fitted for about 2 years now. they are fantastic quality and she loves the sound.

• Like Like x 2
  9. As I mentioned in the gallery section - GPR supply a tail tidy with the exhaust (to make up for the absence of the under tail pipes) but I have modified it to my liking.

One bit that was still annoying me however was the rectangular section above the plate where 3 dome head screws hold the bracket on.

I cut a piece of gloss red acrylic to size, applied a vinyl Ducati logo and fixed it to this area with double sided pads.

This will probably appeal to my fellow forum members with an OCD disposition!

Before:
    image.jpeg

After:
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I don't see a rear red reflector? Maybe you could utilize that space to fit one to comply with reg's? Assuming you have to have a red rear reflector for an MOT in the UK?

11. Yeah I usually attach a reflector to my, ahem, legal plate for MOT time!

12. Thanks for that post.
    I'm also thinking of fitting GPR exhaust and your post was very helpful.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information