1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gps Tracker

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by chrisw, Apr 12, 2020.

1. I just had a look at your link. I'm not too tech but i'll have a go, is this just plug in to power and it works, or do you reckon it needs a subscription of some kind? surely it can't cut off fuel for a bike, or can it ?
    Seems amazing but way tech
    What do you know about it ?

2. Good work, be keen to see how you get on with it. Also, what bike are you mounting it on ?
    Be great to see how that all works out.

3. Would suggest that it can be set up to work with Orange GPS which is a free live time tacking server. https://gps-trace.com/en

4. You still need to run a paid SIM regardless of anything else though, do you not?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cheap GiffGaff Sim. Would cost sub 20p a month to run if not using SMS controls.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #8 chrisw, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  7. What could go wrong for £12.99 :joy::motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi Chris (@chrisw), do you reckon this would work even if fitted down by the battery box on a 998? Or would it still need a clear spot to pick up the sats?

Cheers

9. Should work

• Like Like x 1
  10. @chrisw, any updates on this yet?

11. Not arrived yet

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lost in the post.....

13. Slow boat from China.

14. The tracker has arrived.
    It looks just like an unbranded relay and is supplied with a proper relay connector for the wiring.
    The tracker requires some setting up via SMS.
    I am using a GiffGaff sim as I find these the cheapest to run and they don't pull the plug on you for low use.
    There is no info on how to change the default password but this can be done by sending password123456+space+new password. You will get the reply password OK.
    The tracker is set up to run with a mobile phone app called LKGPS2 or online at www.lkgps.net
    I prefer to use www.ruhavik.gps-trace.com on both PC and phone app.
    This requires some setting up. Once the APN has been set up via the instructions with the tracker then the ip for the different tracking site needs setting up. This is done by sending adminip+space+xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyyy (where x and y are the IP address and port number). in this case 193.193.165.166:21063.
    You need to register with the site and set up the tracker using the IMEI number printed on it and Xeelechctech LK106 as the make/model. The location result on the site is very accurate and you can have multiple vehicles showing on the one account.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Some extra SMS commands not supplied in the instructions
    move123456 - will send alert when moved
    nomove123456 - cancel move
    shock123456 - shock alarm
    no shock - cancel shock alarm

Not tried the following but allows geofencing of tracker. You need the latitude and longitude for two points of a square around the tracker. First is for top left of square. Second is for bottom right of square. Google maps should help identify them.
    stockade123456 lat,long;lat,long
    nostockade123456 to cancel

#19 chrisw, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Here’s one for when you drop your bike off for service and the mechanic takes it for a ‘test ride’ down the local bypass (sometimes followed by a NIP from the police to you)
    over speed, send speed123456 + space + &&& (where &&& is the target speed in kph eg 113 would cover 70mph and 097 would cover 60mph).
    The tracker will send an alert plus lat/long of infringement.
    nospeed123456 cancels it.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information