1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Graphics Kits - Fitting

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Oly, Mar 15, 2019.

1. My next 1260s is coming in april, its red and ive seen a graphics kit on the net which makes it look like a pikes peak,
    anyone fitted one of these? are they easy to do? im not the best with patience and would probably
    end up with it in the bin, and at around £130 for the kit that wouldnt be good

2. @bradders fitted one of these to his Multistrada. I think that unless you have experience doing this sort of thing, or at least have a practice with a lesser kit, they look OK at a distance. On close scrutiny they're not great, all down to the application.

Not saying anything about Bardders' skills as a wrapper here :rolleyes:

3. someone on here fitted a kit from vulturebikes if you do a search i'm sure you will find the thread. from memory they were pretty handy and found it fairly straight forward.

4. Patience, soapy water, more patience and a hairdryer needed alongside sharpie or similar

And my rapping skills are immense compared to my wrapping skills...thats how bad my wrapping is

Youtube has loads of videos to help, and vulturebike instructions are useless

5. Why don't you get Ducati Manchester to get their "resident" graphics man, Rev, to do it for you?

6. Pay someone to do it who knows what they are doing... plenty out there..

7. yes vulturebike is the one ive seen, iknow steve "revver"

8. +1 for paying a professional to do it. Andy

9. I had a a vulturebike kit fitted by a car wrapping company, cost me £100.

4855B94E-C474-41DC-BFF1-E54E1A23BDF8.jpeg

10. thats the ticket, we have car graphics place up here in cumbria, i might call on them and see if they will fit it

11. I agree to get a Pro to do it.
    You're going to look at it every day. Have it done right IMHO.

12. Thats the one I want on my '17-PP... just the DUC' bit... Nice.

13. I have done quite a bit of graphics application on the write off bikes I repair. The last 2 I did were cbr 125's repsol. As said by a few above if you can afford it, get someone to do it for you. The main problem is when you get say a rounded panel. The vinyl has to stretch both ways & with gentle heat & soapy water it is a real bitch. As said I have done quite a few but honestly I am shit at it.

14. IMG_20190321_193257043.jpg IMG_20190321_193142857.jpg

15. Had a vulturebike kit fitted by a professional. Wouldn't risk doing it myself. Pretty much turned out how I wanted it.

16. Sorry about the double copy of the original message in the picture post, did it on my phone and messed it up. Anyway, the guy who did the kit for me said if he was doing it again he wouldn't use the small curved pre cut strip that goes at the very back of the 'tank'. It isn't the quite the right shape, he'd have cut his own from gloss white vinyl. IMG_20190321_191941737.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information