1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Great Ride Spoiled By Petrol Station Non Start.

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by yellowducmaniac, May 25, 2020.

1. Gorgeous weather this morning in my part of the world so i went for an early morning ride, all was bliss until i stopped for fuel about 25 miles in, topped up the tank, went to pay and tried to restart the bike ...not for the first time it would not start, ended up waiting for @10 minutes after repeated attempts before i tried again and it fired up on the button...talk about temperamental, this is the only downside i can think of to owning this beast of a bike, as soon as BSD at Peterborough re-opens i will be getting it remapped , i've been advised by several owners that this will sort the hot/warm start problem, hope theyre right cos if it doesnt i might reluctantly be considering changing it, although im not sure what will live up to the stomp and presence of a 1198S.

#1 yellowducmaniac, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  2. Out of interest, was it running unusually hot on the coolant temps as you pulled in to the petrol station? What was the temp when it failed to start?

3. You need to take longer drinking your coffee between blasts!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BSD are open, dropped in there on Wednesday to book my 1098 in for an ecu tweek, got to wait a couple of weeks as I can only get there on a Saturday but could have had it done sooner on a weekday.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Does it turn over , do the dashboard lights come on etc, or is there nothing there?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information