1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Service From Snells Ducati Alton

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andyb, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Great bit of work by Snells today, fitted me in, did exactly what was asked and more.
    They Upgraded my v4 to the evo2 software and also upgraded the engine map ready for the Akra....
    Special shout out to Dave Phillips really helpful and knowledgable sorted me the bits i needed and advised what i didn't great honest service I would certainly use then again and again..

• Like Like x 13
  2. Good mods. Bike will feel a tad more urgent on the gas. Did you have to pay for the software or is it foc after 2019 bikes?

Tell me you had to pay. I’ll feel better :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Advertising deal :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. They sorted my 996 a couple of weeks back, done what i wanted and then some, great service.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Does the akra map raise the rev ceiling?

7. Eeeeee Free stuff

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I'm lucky to live almost equidistant to Snells and Moto Rapido, and have to say I've settled on Snells when I need simple service spares that I don't want to order from Stein Dinse.

Partly because it's a much nicer ride for me North to Snells across country, rather than run the gauntlet of a speed camera behind every bush on the A272 to Winchester, and then the horrible traffic etc when you get close.

I have nothing bad to say about the spares team at Moto Rapido, they are great guys who know their stuff and are very helpful, but just in my opinion..........

Snells Alton location is a far nicer place to be and get to than where MR are.

The instant smiley welcome from everyone at Snells really is a far cry from the grumpy look the sales guys at MR give you when they realise you are going upstairs for spares.

The layout, and space, of the showroom and outside area at Snells are far nicer to have a quick wander round and drool over the bikes.

Also, I've worked in technical procurement for most of my life, and have obviously spent many years assessing and auditing suppliers. The sixth sense just 'feels' better at Snells than Moto Rapido.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Couldn't of worded it better, it's a nice ride to Snells for me as well, corhampton, west Meon(past Loomies), East tisted etc.:upyeah:

10. You fellas are my old neck of the woods :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. it must be a thing..
    I'll match you misery sales at MR and raise you ProV..
    "hello can I help you?"
    "Yea, I'm here spend some money.."
    "What sort of money?"
    "er... just some spares.."
    "OK, you're of no interest to me then..." walks off.

I just ring craig at MR, or our Nelly now.

I thought @andyb was up in the north for some reason.

12. Deffo a Southerner o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Snells is also my local dealer and I'm there next week for them to give the bike a pre track day check over. Will be my first experience with them but from the phone call I had and then this it seems like the place to go

• Like Like x 2
  14. Midlands....almost a brummie ;)

15. R getcha

16. Been using Snells for eight years and always been very happy with the service. Would never go anywhere else.

It’s like the “Cheers“ of motorcycle dealers. The place where everyone knows your name.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Similar experience - until recently, too much work on to help me out. Very uncharacteristic but has left wondering why I have put all my business with them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. I liked Snells too, but they were not interested enough in changing my 3 year old 950 Multistrada for a new 950S Multistrada. So I moved on and took my business elsewhere.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information