1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings! Hyper 939sp 2016….

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by AndyR, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Hi there
    New onboard here and new to Ducati.
    2016 Hypermotard 939SP, hailing from Bournemouth on the sunny south coast of the U.K. Yes, it’s raining and the toys are in the garage.
    Looking forward to catching up with all of the useful info and history here, and sorting the sluggish throttle response…..
    Safe travels to one and all
    Andy R

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome. Is it set to Urban mode (i.e. not Touring nor Sport)? One easy explanation for sluggishness :)

3. It’s better in “Race” but there’s a physical delay. I’d read up on “Ducati spacers” but they don’t fit the 939SP, I’ve stripped the twist grip and used a small length of heat shrink, that sorted the slack, but there’s still a delay, twist and wait…..

4. Hmmm. My 2018 939Hyper non-SP has instant response at the grip. Check whether the previous owner has set the various Modes' power setting to low(er), or maybe try the back-to-default-settings option before looking too far for faults.

5. Welcome to the forum.:)

6. Welcome and enjoy. Hypers rock. Agree with @Keith_P my 821 had really good throttle response, could be an issue with the mode settings, resetting these is easy.

7. welcome andyr'

8. Hey newbie
    Don’t forget pictures we like them especially rubbish bins you can include your bike should you wish :D

welcome into our mad house

Do Not Sell My Personal Information