1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grumpy or not?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stevie Tea, Jul 12, 2013.

1. I've not had the best of days so far and to cap it all I've just had the Blood Transfusion people call me for the umpteenth time asking me to go and give blood. Now I've been a blood donor for a long time and have given blood regularly but at the moment it is not convenient for me to go which I have told these people a few times to the point that one the previous call I said that if they kept pestering me I would stop giving blood completely. So, this time, after I explained my view, the conversation went along the lines of:
    National Blood People: I can put a hold on the calls to you.
    Me: Yes, please do that.
    NBP: You need to confirm your date of birth.
    Me: No I don't, you clearly know who I am, you've just called me. Just put a stop to the calls. Goodbye.
    I'm now sat thinking about it and I know that they need the blood but I'm asking myself:
    Is it right that I'm hounded in this way?
    Am I over reacting?
    Should they be a bit more considerate?
    Am I just a grumpy git?
    So, what do you think folks?
    By the way I will give blood in the future, I think its very important

2. Rare blood group? It's a tough one, you are donating, so it's your choice, but, then again, it could save a life.

3. Probably grumpy but it`s just in your blood :rolleyes:

4. Is it still correct that if youve had a Transfusion you cant give blood ? i had a transfusion quite a while back after what can only be described as nearly my last anything !!!! lol, id like to give blood as id like to give some back seeing as i had so much

5. From the NHS Blood site: You may not give blood if "You have received blood or think you may have received blood during the course of any medical treatment or procedure anywhere in the world since 1st January 1980."
    The full details are at:
    Give Blood - Who Can't Give Blood

6. Useful thanks for that Stevie, rules me out then !!

7. I wondered how you came about that forum name, its all the tea you've had after giving blood. Nice one.
    Steve

8. The answer the questions above:

No, not a rare blood type, O+
    Yes I do like my cup of tea and that is where the forum name comes from and that fact that my surname begins with 'T'
    "Probably grumpy but it`s just in your blood" How dare you insult my blood line and all my ancesters, you have a damn cheek, I've never even met you, You need to............Drinks a soothing cuppa............great comment, love it!

9. O+.............Common as muck..........same as me and the vast majority of the population.......

..........and it does run in our blood..........(not tea.........being grumpy)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information