1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gs Normal Wheels?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by J biker, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Do I really want these?
    Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 21.27.40.png

Been looking at the options for a while now, and the price on these in France is reasonable.
    May seem a bit weird to some, or not, 17 wheel conversion for r1200gs lc. Benefits of big choice of tyres. Bike turns in a bit quicker.( top end stability not an issue ,it a GS ffs). looks bloody cool.
    Downside is cost, but bike is great, probably a long termer. These are tubeless btw.
    The idea started years ago after riding a converted 1150 Adventure with 17" wheels and Wilburs. Handled fantastic, shame about the gearbox etc.:thinkingface:

2. Ditch the blue anodizing :scream:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Guy on GS UK forum swapped to 17in rims and seemed to enjoy it!! Spokes a bugger to keep cleaning all accounts. Have the alloy non spoke standard wheels on my LC.

on mine.

4. Yeah, seen a few on the GS forum. Shame about all the wankers on there, every interesting thread gets hijacked by idiots.
    Got spokes now and tbh I dont clean the bike all that often enough to decide by difficulty of cleaning :upyeah:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. always wanted to have a go on a 17 front gs mine has std wire wheels,

6. I've noticed that too with a few peeps on the GS forum. I spend more time on here. Far more civilized crowd here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Spent a while looking at these. I dont like the way the spokes are sealed to the rims. Kineo look much better wheel, but at a lot more money. Going to keep looking.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information