1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsxr 1000 - Current Model

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Brouny851, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Had a holiday in Australia for a couple of weeks and stayed with a friend who let me take his brand new Gixxer for a very short ride as long as I didn't rev it over 6000 or even lean much on unscrubbed tyres. Wore his helmet/gopro - he did the the soundtrack instead of wind noise so don't blame me.

Even under a tight rein the front is planted and you can just feel the midrange asking you to twist the throttle when I had to roll off. Have to say it was the easiest bike to ride ... but then again compared to my 851 everything seems to be!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. I saw one of these at coombe the other day, the bang for buck does make you think..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Excellent bikes

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Seen the pcp deals? 179 a month for a brand spanker fully loaded. Scary that

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Very very hard to ignore.

They’re a mega track tool as well. Sort the master cylinder and remove the abs and it’s a real weapon. Which is no more or less than you’d do to anything else.

Genuine 200 brake with a system and decent mapping.

They’re hard to ignore !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've got a serious connudrem atm picking next seasons move up to a thou. I've only got about 12k and am at loath to have a pcp'd track bike but the one I saw going around coombe in a different group the other day really impressed me. R1M is the realistic dream but I can't be arsed with the possible dramas. V4S Corse is the unrealistic dream and also can't be arsed with the definite dramas.

7. Speak to my pal brad as powerslide motorcycles mate

Tell him Adam Treacher sent you, I’ll be surprised if he’s not the cheapest you’ll find for a gixxer! They’ll even ‘track it up’ for you if you want

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheers bud ill have a gander. On Brands Thursday and I'm sure I'll see a few there so will have a word or two with the owners there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I had the K5 years ago - still class it as one of the best bikes I've ever had :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The large can seems to be the norm on new bikes but a simple change I'm sure. I've yet to have a better all round bike than a gixxer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah the one I saw had an akra on it, finished it off very smartly. 44teeth have a cheap arrow cone esq sort of one on their long termer that after a map was perfect.

12. I had a go on a mates gsxr1000r at Snetterton in June, went and bought one straight away . Love it

• Like Like x 5
  13. Jaysus. Think I might have to rent Matt at smallboys one for the day. Still love that R1 noise though. Bloody midfield ain't it, still, not a bad problem to have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Get it bought .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Euro 5 compliance I suspect. Have you seen the collector (cat) on the new 959 update spy shots? It's absolutely massive :astonished:

A8D48A00-7DD3-4785-8566-B435A05429AA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm seriously thinking about selling my 899 track bike and looking for a thou. The Gixer is hard to ignore at the minute. With a 10k budget it seems to be that or an R1

17. Get the bimmer track prepped! Totally barking road bike....

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information