1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy Martin

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mary Hinge, Jul 6, 2015.

1. i met him yesterday at Schipoel airport. Smashing bloke. Blethered away with me for a good half hour.

• Like Like x 6
  2. So has he got the Top Gear gig?

3. Don't think so. But he was a bit guarded with info. Got the impression he doesn't love the TV scene. Loves his Scania's though!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sorry about echo echo echo.... Bloody mobiles.....

5. What did you think to the new hair cut ?

6. Now that threw me. I was behind him queuing for a cuppa. Spotted the manky green shorts and tattoo on his calf but the hairdo was missing. Only fully pinged him when he turned round!

• Like Like x 1
  7. You did what to him :Woot:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hey, it was an emotional moment!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ha ha, recognised old boy, recognised.

10. He is someone I'd really love to meet, one of the few people out there who share my love of old school manual machining.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Is there a new school of manual machining?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I'm a field service engineer on gas turbines. He was hugely interested about gas turbines and bombarded me with questions. All good stuff. Very easy to chat to and down to earth. I know he's had a couple of diva strops but the media get on his tits. A vicious circle, I know.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Excellent! Im just reading his Autobiography so i am very jealous!

14. A proper good read boss

• Like Like x 2
  15. Had he washed :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. His bio is an excellent read, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Still find it hard to understand when he explains how on the N.I circuits, he is using his back brake to keep the front down when he is hard on the throttle, so much that the rear disc is glowing red!

17. Now I ain't Casey Stoner but I do this too. I've a 1098R and hard on the gas you need to apply rear brake to control the front lifting. Particularly gassing it over a crest.

18. @MH

I get that he uses the rear brake to control the front lifting,but from his explanation, it seems that he has the rear brake applied so hard for so long,whilst hard on the throttle, that the disc is glowing red hot.

I'm a mere amaeuter, so from my perspective it would seem that the continuous use of the rear brake must be slowing him down somewhat, would he not go faster by using slightly less throttle so as the front didn't lift so much, negating the need for the rear brake which is slowing him down?

19. Of course you do sweetheart

I hear Nicky Wilson is looking for a team-mate, you must be right at the top of his list ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Bet you're at the top of a list I can think of too.

#20 Mary Hinge, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
Do Not Sell My Personal Information