1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy Martin's Great Escape

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Dec 4, 2019.

1. :)

On TV this Sunday :bucktooth:. Should be good. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ta :)

3. Looking forward to it, it would be nice if he did it on a true period bike though.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well, Steve McQueen famously didn't use a period bike. So I can forgive Guy for that. :)

5. It was a triumph tr6 with about 30hp and I doubt the chassis and suspension was up to much either.

6. He could have borrowed mine..

P1030559.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  7. Will it involve buckets full of Tea.;)...............looking forward to the day & very much liked what he got up to in Japan.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Is he still up to his old tricks of pulling one off in the back of his transit?
    Grubby bugger!

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. It wasn't Steve Mcqueen either. Bud Ekins did the jump, I have a poster in my garage of the jump.He was cool though!

great-escape-7.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Now that would be a great Guinness book record with a sidecar.:eek:...Guy is surely mad enough for the challenge.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. This is the McQueen bike. Dick Shepherd owns it now, apparently it’s 95% authentic. Dick let my lad sit on it but he’s never heard of Steve McQueen, he’ll appreciate it when he’s older.

78C69A51-E13E-4B49-9FE9-DCE727B74F2C.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Hope your watching, if interested.
    Steve

13. Good so far. :) :upyeah: Nice to see they devoted 2 hours to it.

14. Nice history lesson as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Very entertaining, enjoyed it

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Only managed to see the last thirty minutes as watching Holmes & Moriorty cuddling in a waterfall with no armbands,Anyway he did it with no surprise and what a lovely product placement from our Triumph bikes which will increase their sales worldwide.As for the vistas on location always breathtaking,if you not been out there get on with it folks.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thoroughly enjoyed as usual.

18. Mmm, IMO the program was padded out with a load of extraneous crap so it was far too long. I lost interest and went to bed before seeing the final jump. Andy

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information