1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H2 Powered Z1000

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by comfysofa, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Chatting on another forum i spoke to a member who seemed pretty sure it was happening next year. Ive got a gen 4 z1000 and it is, the best all round bike ive ever owned. I must confess, while to me it seemed the obvious choice for the h2 motor, after all unlike litre superbikes that are aimed squarely at racing and have to conform to certain standards for that job, nakeds, on the other hand....well, anything goes so to me it seemed madness not to....or more to the point...madness if they did! :)

If a h2 powered z1000 were to come out, i think, it would clean up, plus it would in my eyes be the ultimate nutter tool. Its the only thing i would shift my z1000 for and i think id have to conceed to the other half and loose a couple of bikes to get one as im guessing a supercharged naked with all the bells and whistles would be in the 16 - 18k price mark...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Too much power. Too niche. Sort of thing a fella with a long goatee, dirty jeans and a chain with his on would build.

3. Theres never too much power :) but the abundance of power available means that they could give whatever characteristics they wants without robbing peter to pay paul...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. whats the point, in mass production, if you only ever ride at 2k revs? Shed built, that’s kind of what makes sense, but not mass imo.

You could just bolt a blower of some kind on yours.

5. Yeah but you'd be into the "specials" sales model then...ie spunk 10k at it and get 3 back for it....and that's just off the top of my head...!

6. Supercharged 600 is next I thought?

7. Yeah...it probably would be cos 600 nakeds are all the fucking rage! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. There's some truth in that, my Busa Turbo from some years back cost near double what I sold it for, however I agree you can never have too much power, that had 385bhp on pump fuel, and was bloody good fun. Contact Jack Frost at holeshot Comfy, he'll turbo your Zed for ya. :D

9. I'd buy one I reckon :upyeah:

10. Yes looking at 5k for a supercharged plus I'm thinking that insurance starts to become an issue then there's the motor taking it...I'm guessing an off the peg production blown bike would be easier to insure...

11. The only thing is I've got my zed right where I want it....it really is perfect for me in every way so in a weird way I hope it doesn't come out as it'll be the toughest decision in the world!

12. Motor will take it fine if the internals are sorted, low comp pistons, corillo rods etc etc, run as reliable as a stock bike , mine had no issues at all. :upyeah:

13. What was the damage....costwise?

14. It owed me 20k, cause I went to town on it, I sold it for 11500. A base conversion can be done for relatively little money.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Jesus....if that was an animal it would be eating 50 kilos of monkey nuts every day...

16. That's a bargain when you look at the components on it. :upyeah:

17. Yeah...definitely...others wouldn't though....they'd just see it as 2004 gsxr...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. They have brought it out the Bells and whistle one only comes in Green 200+ HP at 18 and a bit
    The base one only comes in grey at 16k I think it said same power

19. Now you got my attention....got a link?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information