1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ha Anyone Tried Plasti Dip On Their Fairings?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Munkee1805, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Evening all,

I’ve got a 750ss ie project in the offing at the moment. All seems in good working order and should be up and running in no time - a days work if that to get it MOT ready.

One of the things it does have is yellow bodywork and a red tank at the moment. I’ve set about gathering some red plastics (and/or hunting down a decent yellow tank) to make it ‘right’. The only thing I’m struggling with at the moment is the faring side and belly panels in red, and with either ‘Ducati’ or 750 graphics (and looking out for ones in bolt on and ride condition).

In the meantime and to avoid riding around on a bike I don’t quite take full pride in, I started thinking about doing some vinyl wrap on the fairing lowers, maybe in a tricolore type scheme to avoid colour matching issues. The I thought about Plasti Dip which might be easier than trying to wrap a complex shape.

Anyone tried it before and what’s the experience? Not looking for it to be a long term solution, and could be touched up/changed over time. But interested in how is lasts, how easy it is to clean etc. (Would be a real pain to go to all the effort the watch is run down the drive at the first sign of a jet wash on half power!)

Cheers,

Steve

Do Not Sell My Personal Information