1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had To Have Another One..

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mr C, Mar 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Pulled the trigger on the latest greatest Tuono Factory the other week.
    I wasn't really looking to replace my 2017 Factory but usual Aprilia price cuts made it almost impossible to ignore.

I've only manged about 50 miles on it so far so can't really report to much apart from the obvious visual differences.

You can notice Euro 5 strangling it lower down but I'm sure the Akra and race map will sort that out.

First mods were RSV4 forged wheels, evotech tail tidy, rad guards and ditching the mirrors.

20220305_123728.jpg

20220305_123732.jpg

20220305_123743.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  2. Congratulations, i'm just not sure about that exhaust silencer design, also that red one on the rhs looks inviting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. That silencer is soon to be ditched.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mates got the full Akro system on his sounds sweet although totally illegal for road use.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. That’s the only other bike I’ve got any interest in, seriously trying to stop myself pulling the trigger on one…
    Looks lovely, enjoy it :upyeah:

6. Congrats on the bike, I don't know much about these apart from they look bloody lovley. Does the factory not come with forged rims? Seems to get all the other goodies.

7. Very nice, congratulations

8. Can't wait to have a blast on it :)

9. I too have a 2017 T Factory (which I'd like to change) but I'm struggling to fall in love with the newer model - other than the dash. Reports talk about a drop in build/plastic quality, you seeing any of that?

Keen to get your feedback, love the wheels by the way.

Only looking to change mine as I'm a tart and don't usually keep bikes that long/for that many miles, this is a record at 10.5k miles as she's been simply perfect. Last few months I thought I might just trade her for a newer - not newest- model. Last weekend I considered trading her for an BMW HP4 but decided other than the lovely wheels the newer 1000RR S is actually quite a lot better, and I don't need another sport bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Very nice. Still not sold on the red sear but i do prefer the Tuono over the RSV4. Too Jap inspired plastic for me. The 19-20 RSV4 is my preference.

11. No sadly no posh wheels for the Tuono Factory as standard.

Do I know you?

I do have to agree I think the previous bike is better looking and IMO the 17 colours where the best! I managed 100 miles this weekend, I can say that the engine does feel smoother, and it feels like its picks its heals up a touch more in the midrange, but that could have been the cold ambient adding a few more seat of the pants BHP. Dash is a country mile ahead, One think I did notice is the wheel control is far less abrupt, I have it switched off on my 17 as it holds back too much where as setting no 1 on the new bike does allow you to wheelie in controlled fashion. Another thing you cant fail to notice is that its wider, you can see its extra bulk when sat on it. I've not rung its neck in anger yet but so far no regrets... apart from the tail unit witch does make me wince a bit when viewed from the back end.

First time I saw one in the flesh was when it was dropped off, to be honest I dont get the the journo fuss about the plastics, I don't think they feel cheap, I thought id hate the seat and even had it lined up to be retrimmed, however it doesn't burn my retina quite as bad as I though.

12. The beetle, its ever so pretty. 20220305_162707.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. One of my bro’s has a Factory Tuono but he’s still not entirely happy with it after 3 years. He had a Tuono before that, which he loved.

I’m interested in your findings. He says the throttle spring is too heavy, just boring that you have to grip and hang onto the twist grip. He also finds it too highly geared for the road. Good for the track but not for keeping your road license.

Personally I think he’s finally calming down a bit and wants to cruise it rather than having to spank it.

14. Cant say I noticed any throttle issues, felt the same as my Pani. On my 17 I went +2 teeth on the rear, they are license losers for sure but so is any bike. Problem is that V4 howl is addictive.

15. Sweet bike
    Notice much difference with the forged wheels?
    Seen few red seats mark / crease up badly on them, black would look better imo.

• Agree Agree x 1

16. I had them on my 17 Factory, Yes definitely made difference, it dropped in to corners and changed direction much quicker.

I have the guy who trims our campers lined up to work his magic once the seat looks tatty.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I am going to get a new tuono factory they are amazing, but really thinking about the ultra dark and can’t make my mind up to get one like yours or this the new ultra dark….

1BB56E03-EBB4-4CFD-9EC8-0EE3AD8CBD89.jpeg

18. Personally I think it looks dull.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information