1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had To Share This, The Mind Boggles....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Phill748, May 14, 2020.

1. I stumbled on this earlier.. I'm just shocked... I imagine he has disabled comments because deep down he knows what he's done...

Basically, there is so much to talk about in this video, it's like the playbook on everything not to do.

1) he gets a dozen warnings from the TC light that he's struggling for rear grip, it's literally 3 mins of nothing but warnings from the bike.
    2) he seems to be insistent on tipping into bends pretty much on the red line, shutting the throttle with maybe 6k revs, the bike has a slipper as standard else I think he would have been off on the first corner.
    3)he's trying to keep up with mates on more capable machines, never a good look.

I just can't believe there are people like this out there, none of us are perfect but my god this is something else.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Blames the rear tyre & yet he crashed practically straight on. He out rode the bike by cooking the brake pads.

3. The ending was rather tamer than I expected - he just got spooked by the sight of a vehicle (on the road - who knew?!). But lucky it wasn’t far more messy...!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Distracted by the car...! What a shock, another vehicle on the road!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Plus his road positioning put him in direct conflict with the pick-up which made him stand the bike up and freeze.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The crash had nothing to do with lack of rear grip in the end.

Maybe lost the front momentarily braking too hard, after finding a car on the line he wanted?

7. It's just mad, who the hell thinks it's a great idea to just downshift in some cases to the rev limiter and just lay it into a corner, on a 1200 twin! I've ridden one of those bikes, it's asking from trouble. I wouldn't have shared it if it was a big crash, as I hate those vids but I just thought it contained so many terrible things I had to for a laugh!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. It wasn’t the flashing traction control/rev limiter or the shock of another road user. it was the really shit sound-track that made him dump it!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Old hat triumph.....if youre gonna go caning it round twisty roads at least...get the right tool for the job...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. He's a cock

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Classic example of target fixation?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. He was about to cut the corner, had to readjust because the truck was there and as rman says, fixated on where he was going, then went there

13. Why.
    Why did he not buy a scrambler? Would have been much better for the offroading. At least he did not hurt anyone.

14. He got blinded by the glare from the polished top yoke.

What's the point of TC, if you aren't lighting it up all the time?

He looked like an inexperienced rider, who thought he had the road to himself..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I think he just gave up o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Ambition over ability.

17. I agree, although those new 1200R's do punch above their weight, proper suspension and brakes helps them massively, and frame which is braced by more than just a single spaghetti sized backbone helps... I still tend to agree, if you are out with mates on sports bikes, let them crack on and stay busy trying not to look like you're having a midlife crisis.

I had a look at his channel (if you can call it that), he's done trackdays etc, seriously strikes me as just the wrong sort of bloke to be allowed out on a motorbike.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Meh - yeah - dont get me started on Triumph's..... 80% of the range are polished turds....but thats just my own feeling. Nothing atall against the old stuff - it has its rightful place in biking history....Triumph just trot it out each year "modernized" and a different paint job...

• Like Like x 1
  19. I think his ambition outweighed his talent .

20. If you look at the rev counter in that vid then he wasn't even using the gears properly - just keeping it in too lower a gear whilst he was busy target fixating - road positioning was poor, gearbox use: poor:speed inappropriate for skill level. It wasn't even on a bend!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information