1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hairline Cracks

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Jimjim, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Got roadtec 01s on the multi and a month later this happens on the right side rear only. the garage is waiting on a reply from metzeler anybody any idea's

20180606_163700.jpg

20180606_163655.jpg

2. Looks like a laceration from something you’ve ridden over. Probably only superficial.

3. Hopefully. just weird never seen anything like that before

4. Mine look similar at the moment... mind you my chain snapped and gave the tyre quite the lashing o_O

5. Something that was stuck in the hugger?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. that dont sound so good. i assume you kept it upright after the snap

we had a look around but no damage to the hugger or anywhere else :upyeah:

7. Could have been something stuck in it that's now free and on a road somewhere. Looks like surface only, and personally I wouldn't worry about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. thats what im thinking. just showed it to the garage incase anything happened down the line

9. Glad you put this up. I’ve got some new Roadtec 01’s and they have similar marking. Not scratching like yours but streak lines in the tyre....

Very faint but you get the idea.

7B2B85B3-332C-4BD5-BB4C-F7802482DDBD.jpeg

10. Ahh. that's different all together, that's the mighty power of the KTM that's shredding them. I'm guessing you pulled a away from just above idle a few too many times, and that's the result :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. its just weird
    thats why i went back to the shop

12. :worried: i think you mean ducati and not his ktm :D:D

13. Nope, as I've just ordered a KTM, but I'm not fickle at all.....:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hi Jim,
    Sending you a PM if i can find your profile, it may help

15. Please do :upyeah:

16. have i lost the plot or have you edited your name!!

17. You have lost the plot :thinkingface:

18. thats another jimmy :) but with similar problems

cheers andy
    the bike shop said metzeler pirelli wanted the tyre back for testing. but that means me without the bike for prob about 2 weeks
    shite service really
    going to let it run for the moment and see does it disappear
    not a happy bunny after paying 370 euro for the tyres
    :upyeah:

19. Had similar experience with a screw picked up on the road lodged it's self between the hugger and tyre. Left scratch marks on the tyre with no serious damage.

20. ok,
    the standardised return process for the car and bike tyre industry is that you can send a tyre back under complaint via a account holder (Tyre dealer) you can have your bike back if you pay for another tyre, if the manfacturer finds a defect of product then they reimburse the dealer with a credit based upon % of tyre used, and in my experience manufacturers always air on the side of the customer for brand promotion. the tyre dealer then reimburse you the same % of your tyre value from your invoice, so I.E dealer receives 90% of their purchase cost, you receive 90% of your tyre cost,

with the conversation i had it seems that it is only superficial marks and unlikely to be an unsafe defect, PM me your email and i'll forward the details that your dealer needs to pass to Metzeler claims department, it will help you.........

Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information