1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfords Socket Set Deal

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Wassy, Jun 1, 2019.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. Just bought that. Cheers for heads up

• Like Like x 2
  2. I’ve had one for years and it’s had lots of use without a problem :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Got one,recommended

4. A quality product that looks and feels like snapOn:upyeah:

5. I lost the receipt which means I no longer have a lifetime warranty. Haven't needed it, mind! Just mention this so others hold on to their receipt unlike silly me.

6. I don't think it matters. They are Halfords branded, so as long as you take the offending item back in, they should change it. I have heard others have done this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. My halfords ratchet broke after 10 years of abuse and they replaced it no receipt , no questions.

• Like Like x 3
  8. My Halfords breaker bar...broke.
    They wouldn’t replace it as I had no receipt.

9. Did you toss it through their front window at night time:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Might take the plunge on this, how long have you had yours/ have any failed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I stiil have and use my drapers set from when I was eighteen years old (with some pieces missing or broken:blush:),
    The halfolds set was a birthday/christmas present with the smaller socket set and a large spanner set,approximately ten plus years use with no problems:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  12. So your birthday it at Christmas, bummer, my mate has the same bad deal going on, he complains that he doesn’t get twice the presents as some cheap skates will only get him one gift to cover both events!
    Can you imagine... well you probably can!
    Think I’ll use me Halfords card today.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bank/credit card statement if purchased on them is proof of receipt. I’ve used my cc statement to prove purchase before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I've even been a right pikey with a couple of sockets and used them on an impact wrench as I didn't have the relevant impact socket. :worried: Nothing, still brand new. :upyeah:*

*I have since bought a full selection of impact sockets.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No august is my special month:sun::):upyeah:

16. So you celebrate Christmas in August?

Think I’ll get the bike out to clear my head!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. What excellent idea enjoy & be safe,might get the PS out a bit later just need to water those new turfs first:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Had mine 20 years, no issues, and the 10mm socket hasn't gone missing either :bucktooth:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information