1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfords Trade Card

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Am I missing something here? - obviously I am.

I get an email saying 'Welcome to Halfords Trade Card' This would imply to any sane person that I shave one, now. The email declines to offer me any details regarding the imaginary trade card but I am invited to create an account. [​IMG] er, yes so I can create an account. Then I am asked '
    Do you have an existing Halfords account?' No, I don't so then:
    No, I Haven't
    Simply register for a Halfords account, then type in your unique Trade Card number for instant activation.

But you won't tell me what the f*&^ing number is! So this is worthless. And if I dare visit a branch in person, then I can show them the email that has no number on it. I am sure that will impress. Never go to Halfords, anyway...

I don't really care about the flipping card anyway....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Yeah. i subscribed. Now, I have the pleasure of holding my imaginary Halfords Trade Card in my hot sticky hand. That really makes subscribing worthwhile.

3. It looks like you haven’t been sent it. I’ll get it checked out for you

@Rob

• Like Like x 1
  4. Much derogatory stuff about Halfords typed and deleted. Thanks, but this is not a place that i want to be. Don't worry about the card. If it was discount at Riders then I would care, but Halfords?

5. Even I use it :)
    New battery for car
    Cleaning products
    Oil

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Depends if you buy and use tools, some of thier stuff is good quality and the trade card pays back the subscription usually in the first purchase. I got a couple of torque wrenches which seem to come out top in magazine tests.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Yuasa batteries too :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I have already got my subs back :)

9. I snapped a 'Professional' socket lever trying to undo my Monster rear wheel nut. This on a bike that I have had since new and have always torqued the nut to the factory settings with a torque wrench. 20170813_172329.jpg 20170813_172329.jpg
    The nut was fine and came off easily with another bar. I think that I can live without their 'Professional' tools.

10. That's what I said! - I lie because it was a little more colourful!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I have a car workshop down the road. Often, I see the Snap-On van outside. I find that quite reassuring. If there was such a thing as a Halfords van and it was outside - with the mechanics putting aside the kiddies bikes to get at the tools, then I don't think that my car would ever visit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. My Halfords Professional Tools cured my asthma AND my stutter. You guys bad-mouthing Halfords Professional Tools are just poopyheads.

Plus anyone buying a SSSA Ducati is just asking for it. I mean, the last time one of you guys torqued up your rear wheel, you rotated the UK right out of Summer and ruined my Sunday Morning ride. Basticks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. So you got a new one as they are guaranteed for life? :thinkingface: Wrong tool for the job brw :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. It was replaced as the guy sitting next to me at the time, used to work for Halfords and insisted on taking it back. It is the right tool for the job - well, it should be... And I DGAF if it's guaranteed for life. I don't want the thing breaking in the first place! It is of no help whatsoever to have it break on a Sunday evening and be reassured that you can replace it the following day by making that unexpected visit to Halfords.

#15 PerryL, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  15. You seem determined to be made cross by everything, dude.

Halfords Advanced tools are as good for the home mechanic as Snap On, at a fraction of the price. I've snapped Halfords stuff, I've snapped Snap-On stuff and I've buggered Britool, Mac, King Dick, Facom, Kamasa and all sorts during my working life. Tools break, it's a fact of life.

Lifetime guarantees are good because when you do bust something then you get to have it replaced.

Was it a 1/2" breaker bar? It looks like a 3/4" from the photo and you're trying to undo 230nm with it?... 3/4" shouldn't break at that.
    309952.jpeg
    I may well be wrong of course...

#16 Fire3500, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Trade card is massively cheaper. £450 RRP or £195 with trade card.

Screenshot 2018-07-30 at 00.25.02.png

• Like Like x 2
  17. 156 nm and no it is a half inch socket.

18. I tend to buy new Halfords professional tools or cheap second hand teng/snap on.

I only had one Issue with a halfords professional spanner, took it to Halfords and was checked/replaced with no worries.

If you are looking to build up kit/tools/anything Halfords sells then it's worth going beyond the standard £5 forum membership, and then getting the premium forum membership at £15. The discounts available make that £10 difference pay for itself and then some, very quickly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Neck well and truly wound in :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information