1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Hand Guard Protectors

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Having broken yet another hand guard this morning in London traffic I was wondering if there was any other option for protecting these (apart from Bark Busters)?

I found these ones for the Enduro, (they are also listed in the DVT section on Ebay), Does anyone think they would fit the DVT as well? Expensive but might be cheaper in the long run.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducabike-...tors-Silver-/182597295288?hash=item2a83a59cb8

Can't seem to get hold of anyone at Conquest Carbon to ask...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. They certainly look nice, bookmarking them for future mulling over.

3. Just got a reply and they fit all models.

I've ordered a set as a new hand guard and indicator set is £123.30
    (I'm hoping I can get away without replacing the indicator this time)

#3 Twin4me, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. What's wrong with Barkbuster @Twin4me ?

5. I've been through a few handguards on my Multi and they have doubled in price over the last two years :(
    If the Conquest Carbon ones are up to the job they could be useful.
    It would be great if someone could come up with a more robust replacement for the whole handguard, though (might stop the reservoirs wobbling, apart from anything else!)

6. Well I've ordered some from carbon-conquest, because I've already layed my bike down within weeks of ownership last year. Unfortunately my 15% cnc / ducabike code didn't work from last year but I am an impulsive purchaser when I see something I like. Much prefer the look of these too that of the bark-buster jobbies.

#6 GunZenBomZ, Jun 15, 2017
  7. Effective, but not well designed way of fixing and somewhat ugly...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You should have waited! 10% discount as long as you pay by debit card (code 110)

9. It's okay I'm happy with my dealings with CC-Steve.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Admitted their not the prettiest of things, but they worked brilliantly at protecting my levers and my hands many many times on my KTM enduro.
    Can't see how those little bits of alloy will work though but they do look pretty.

11. They do look bling... but £187 delivered! that's nearly double the price of the Barkbusters.:astonished: I've fallen of enough bikes to know what will happen to those bits in an accident, so you'll be stumping up £187 again to replace these instead of replacing the Ducati handguards? :cool:

imo of course.

#11 Scaraman, Jun 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. My main issue is not falling off, it's riding in heavy London traffic. It's all too easy to catch a mirror or side of a van. This morning it was a bus that pulled out on me. When I had my old Multi I had the heavier enduro hand guards which were more robust.

Bark busters are good, but I don't like how they look and to be honest if I hit a 4x4 mirror with those I'd be looking at an insurance claim!

These should hopefully stop the little 'dinks' that bust them...

13. I do agree, they would be ideal for your intended use. :), I'd never thought of that.

14. Yeah +1 on the above.

15. Having wacked a couple of Transit mirrors of late these look interesting
    BUT
    Don't they make the bars a bit wider?
    Be interested if you can tell when you have them fitted.
    Also I usually hit with the Multi mirrors before the handguards, I am surprised how they can take a good hit with no damage just a twist to reset them.

16. I fitted these last night, very easy job, just don't undo the bolt too much and lose the end of the brass adjuster inside the handlebars (I didn't do it this time!).

I have to say they are very smart. I went for silver so they blend in with the existing hand guard, well made and there is a nice machining finish to them. The probably add about 5mm to the width, but the mirrors still stick out further. I think the only criticism is if they extended a little further around the front it would make it even less vulnerable to knocks.

The new silver hand guards cost £44.74 each from Ducati and I've broken 2 in just over 12 months, so it justifies the purchase... in my own head :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. They look great, but please tell me which Ducati outlet you get your handguards from - that's a lot cheaper than the last one I bought!

18. P&H (and Moto Rapido were the same) - That's just for the Silver plastic bit, not including the indicator or black plastic part.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Mine arrived yesterday with another thing to add once my axel sliders arrive. So trying to show off a few other bits-n-bobs from Ducabike through carbon-conquest (here on the forum traders bit) check out my dirty bike!
    [​IMG]
    Install; bike on center stand, twist handbars down in one direction. Remove the orginal bolt & small hidden spacer. Remove large spacer & inner brass nuts. Slide a small plastic bag into tube around the depth of the new bolt length. This plastic bag acts as a stopper to help do-up the brass inner bits. Put all parts back in in reverse & do up!
    [​IMG]

#19 GunZenBomZ, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  20. probably also act as a bar end weight to help reduce vibration.

Anyone got any shots from above looking down at grip and hand guard?

THANKS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information