1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Handlebar Perch Flex

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Ducati-d, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Questioning my sanity at the minute people.

I was just adjusting the clutch free play on my Classic, took it for a spin and all's fine. I then jumped it back on to my rear paddock stand before pushing back in to the garage. It was then that I noticed the handlebars spring slightly back at the perch bolts with each push from the front which I've never seen on any of my previous bikes.

I took everything off and checked the perch bolts in to the top triple were properly torqued up, which they were so I'm assuming it's a clever design by Ducati to dampen vibration.

I'm hoping it's a clever design by Ducati to dampen vibration!

Has anyone else seen this?????

God I hope you've all seen this!

2. They all do that sir...

3. Probably rubber mounted. They are on my M1100.

4. Oh thank god

5. On the standard Classic handlebars there is quite a rise in the bar, and they do flex a little bit. I don't mind it myself, but I know some folks have opted to go for the Full Throttle / flatter handlebar and this eliminates the flex / cants the rider forward a bit more aggressively.

Personally I am not chasing outright performance on my Scrambler and the flex contributes to the feel of the bike being entertaining at less extreme speeds, so it far from bothers me. Scrambler is a fun bike that doesn't take itself too seriously. :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information