1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Handlebar Risers For 1260 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AnyOldIron, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Hello All,
    I am new to the forum, having only picked up my MS 1260 last Thursday.
    So far, so good! Loving the bike but maybe one very minor comfort issue.
    I have found I am aggravating an old shoulder injury and as with previously owned bikes, may need to fit handlebar risers.
    Having scoured the internet, I can only seem to find risers that will fit the 1200.
    Question is, are the handlebar clamps the same as the 1260? I do not think this is the case looking at what is available. It looks as if Rox risers or Moto-CNC would work if the spigots were long enough.
    Anybody know if there are risers available for the 1260 yet?

2. Hello and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search.
    You might need to introduce yourself in the newbie section attaching a photo of your bike next to a recycling bin, doesn't matter which one as long as it's a bin.
    Strange I know but thems the rules. :)

3. Hi, yes, just done that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Silly question I know but have you asked your dealer?

5. If I hadn’t got the risers for mine handy I’d be looking at putting the enduro bars on.

6. Ducati do 20mm risers, my dealer fitted them on my 1260 before I collected it

7. Think I would like some risers too. Looking at how the various cables are routed and how relatively tight they appear, I am surprised that inserting risers without longer cables is possible. Since nobody mentioned needing longer cables I guess they are in fact not needed?

8. As Ducati listed 20mm risers as an optional extra for the 1200 MS and the 1260 uses the same cables, lines etc, it would suggest not. My local Ducati dealer contacted Ducati for me re: risers fro the 1260. The risers for the 1200 are listed but a note on the system says 'no longer available'. However, Ducati told him that there will be factory supplied risers available for the 1260 soon and that if I fitted after market risers, not to use risers greater than 20mm high. This advice suggests limited ability to fit risers before running into cable and hydraulic line issues.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Thanks for the info. I'll persevere for a few hundred more miles and see if I can learn to accommodate myself to the existing setup. If not I'll be going the third party route unless there are specific 1260 risers. I must say it is hard to see what needs to be different in comparison to the 1200 risers.

10. Agreed and the point I made to the dealer. But, he showed me the note on the screen showing withdrawal of the risers for the 1200 for use in the 1260. I did find a couple of good alternatives and not too expensive either. Like you, I need to do something. After 1100 miles the aggravation of an old shoulder injury is still being aggravated but I noticed last weekend it didn’t seem as bad as it was to start with. I have fitted risers to at least five bikes in the last few years and every time it sorted the aggravation of my shoulder.

11. FYI - The Multistrada risers are the same kit as the Enduro handlebar lowering kit, 20mm either way. Motorapido sell them
    I have them fitted to the DVT with no issues or changes of cables etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I put Rox Risers on my 1260, and one thing I noticed is that the 1260 has a TON more cable length than the 1200s. I think mainly due to no throttle cables, which was where I always lacked slack in my 2011.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. That's interesting. I have used Rox risers before, not the best looking solution but certainly effective. I looked at cable and brake hose lengths and couldn't determine if there was enough free play. Did you loosen off any of the retention clips under the front of the tank?

14. Nope, I didn't have to loosen anything. If they sold a set of risers that were taller, I could have went with them, but then no tank bag would work at all.

15. Any pics of the risers fitted??

16. I have a set of these fitted and they are fine, as it says on the tin raises them by 30mm ! Bike is at the dealers at the moment but will take some pics when I get it back...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not a great picture but it was already on my computer
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Only just seen your post. Is that a 1200 or 1260? Shouldn’t make any difference but it does according to Ducati?!

are the risers in the picture the straight ‘tubular’ style +30mm rise?

I need to sort something out as two months in every time I ride the bike it still aggravates the rotator cuff injury in my right shoulder. It’s the one minor glitch for what is otherwise, a superb and hugely enjoyable motorcycle.

19. I'm sure the Ducati ones would fit either bike

Do Not Sell My Personal Information