1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Hands Free Key Transponder Doodad

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Edward Cunliffe, Oct 10, 2019.

1. This is an odd one, hands free starting works fine with red key held where the sensor is, but not with the fob key ... assuming the transponder has stopped working in the fob? And assuming it's a dealer job to sort out?

2. Change the battery in the fob first. Andy

3. Done that Andy, no difference, it should work as a non-active key if the battery had run down anyway. But doesn't ...

4. Can work it with pin code as well but can't activate steering lock without red key near the sensor.

5. Maybe there's a way of repairing it with the bike?

6. Hey ho, and now it's working again ... Took battery out and left it 20 mins, tried active key as a passive (no battery) and it worked this time. Put battery back in and it's working as an active again.

Go figure ...

7. There was a recall on the 2015 model key, maybe also worth checking with your dealer in case you're covered.

• Like Like x 1
  8. My keyfob has been changed. 2016 model as a recall.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks guys I'll get in touch with the dealers.

10. My 2015 key would need a new battery once a month. Ducati denied under warranty. When I got recall of key done it's fine now. I just have a lot of extra batteries.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My fob was consuming a battery a week. Dealer insisted I kept changing it for extra long life batteries and only after 2 months and going mad with them, they claimed a new one in warranty. Of course their first response was: "oh, we never saw this happening before." just like all the other common problems I had in this piece of shit. Ducati dealers. They are a joke!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information